Turaga Masks

Hi Greg, something has been on my mind for a long time. In the MNOG, and the Bohrok animations, we see the Toa make use of the Noble masks once in a while, and in the 2001 sets, we could collect the Turaga’s masks in addition to the Toa masks.
But my question is, are those additional noble masks canon in the story?

1 Like

Yes, they are canon, they’re just… never used.

2 Likes

they are canon, each toa had to collect 11 masks. (12 if you count their original masks) As far as why they appear to be noble, I haven’t a clue, other than the obvious fact that they probably had yet to establish the rules for masks during the production of 01.

I mean, according to books and the games, they were noble masks. The masks were mainly whatever the Metru could grab from Metru nui on the way out.

I kinda would love someone official to answer this, hence why it was adressed to Greg.

I swear, I’m not trying to be a jerk, but every time I ask Greg a question someone else comes around who don’t know the answer and can only guess and assume.

1 Like

Fun fact, this is a rule we have:

Alright, this has become a rampant issue for a long enough. We’re going to crack down on it now. Apologies.

3 Likes

@Kenji87

According to the Bionicle Encyclopedia, page 52 (Kanohi#Noble Masks)
“Noble masks were brought from Metru Nui to Mata Nui by the Toa Metru. They were later stolen from the Matoran villagers by the Rahi under Makuta’s command, and remained missing until found by Tahu and the other Toa a thousand years later.”

So yes, the noble Kanohi are definitely canon. Also, if any of them was featured in the Mata Nui Online game, being used by a Toa, it means it is the part of the canon.