Tuyet the blue, work in progress by Rothanak

I’m still not ready to enter this Tuyet into the contest, but I thought I’d post it in its own topic to get some feedback and opinions. I’ve been tinkering with the design for a couple of months and am open to changes.

First up, the render with correct colors:

Overall, I wanted Tuyet to be kinda lanky to contrast with the power she gains with the nui stone. In terms of parts, I thought that since Tuyet didn’t appear in the story until 007, she would realistically have used 2007 parts if she had been given a set. So I mixed 2004 and 2007 parts for armor. I may replace the barbed broadsword with my own model, but for now it is brick built. all the part colors are available in real life, except for the mask of course.

The Real Life Model (missing the right colors).

The sword can be stored on the hip and on the back with a pin.

Next to Lhikan

She’s slightly taller than Lhikan due to her lower legs.

Side View:

Looking Wistfully out the Window:

And Finally, Spider-Tuyet (Because I just had to try a dark red color scheme after using those kalmah armor pieces.)

Sorry for the photo quality, I didn’t have a nice camera to use at the time I took these. Thanks for taking a look!

-Rothanak

17 Likes

It looks cool but the shoulder construction looks kinda strange

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a little strange, but it’s tough to connect to the custom torso based around hero factory 1.0 arms without making them too wide or limiting articulation.

2 Likes

That’s true

Very nice sword design!

2 Likes

Normally, I would be against swords composed of many pieces because of how bulky they are compared to how a sword should be, but this one has the shape I’m expecting from Tuyet’s barbed broadsword. This is by far the best non 3D printed one I have seen until now. Good luck in the contest!
Btw, if you replace this sword with a 3D print, try to keep a similar shape, this sword really works as the BB.

3 Likes

Thanks, I went through a lot of variations before I got to this point. It was a lot bulkier before. I’ll keep that in mind and maybe I’ll end up keeping this brick built sword.

1 Like

Noice. it’s always cool to see a non-metru Tuyet.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’m looking forward to seeing more non-metru after the hagah contest. I don’t want those metru torsos to become more rare than they are already are becoming.

4 Likes

I actually like the “spider Tuyet” even more. I’ve grown to like the idea of a Water Toa with red armor, to represent coral or something.

2 Likes

That is something to consider then, unless it’s mandated that tuyet be only blue.