Tuyet, the Gloriously Tyrannical Empress of Edgelords (Fanon Contest #1)

Hello everyone! You know, I usually do those those catchy introductions for my MOCs and drawings on this site, but I feel like this one doesn’t need it, so….

Hey guys… it’s Tuyet!

Entry photo:

The Toa Empire one, to be exact.

Yes, in my headcanon the Empire Tuyet looks quite different from her Main Universe self… I’ll make sure to explain it here later.

But for now I’d like to focus on the actual MOC.

This one’s kind of special because I finished it in one day. Literally. I had never built a MOC of this size and completely in a day before. Yeah, it is sort of a flex (this is definitely a flex), but I just couldn’t resist.
So, the MOC itself is based off of my quick Tuyet drawing which I drew a few months back, which in turn was inspired by a few other Tuyets and a certain Helryx on a yellow background. It depicts Tuyet’s Toa Empire version.

Tuyet’s Mask of Intangibility is the old Mask of Psychometry by KhingK. I think this shouldn’t break any rules, since there’s already a canon Mask of Psychometry design.

Here are some explanations for my design choices in this MOC (all of them are based on my headcanons):

Pointless rumblings that no one’s gonna read
  • Why does Tuyet look so evil?
    Well, I have this headcanon that if a Toa uses the Nui Stone for too long, it will slowly distort their body because their organism isn’t made for channeling so much energy. Hence all the creepy bones and deformed proportions.
    Also, when Tuyet became the empress, she probably altered her armour to fit her status more.

• Why the giant anime sword?
    Because it looks freaking awesome!

• Why is the sword not a part of the MOC’s overall colour scheme?
    In my headcanon, this barbed broadsword isn’t Empress Tuyet’s original barbed broadsword. She used to wield a different one (the same one as in the Main universe), but when she took over the Matoran Universe, she replaced it with an ancient enormous broadsword that had been kept in the Archives until she “borrowed” it. I haven’t come up with an origin for it yet. Maybe it belonged to one of the Barraki before they were mutated, or maybe this is the sword that Karzahni used in the duel for the Mask of Creation.

• why is the Nui Stone pink?
    Uh… I have no idea. I forgot that it’s officially supposed to be red when I was building this. I suppose pink is a shade of red… right?

And here are some more pictures of Tuyet:

With the Stone

Back view

With the stupidly large broadsword

Breakdown pictures

Feel free to tell me if you need some more detailed breakdowns

My drawing the MOC is based off of

And that’s it for now, thanks for viewing! Tell me what you think about the MOC!

52 Likes

Pretty good for a empire tuyet, the swords a bit chonky for my liking, what’s the blue pieces around the heart light?

4 Likes

Thank you!

This is Metalbeard’s metal beard from the Lego Movie sets. It came in dark blue in a Ninjago set. One of Jay’s dragons, if I’m not mistaken.

11 Likes

This is a really fantastic Bonk, but I can’t see this as being the Tuyet for our story.

It is really great though!

3 Likes

oh my gosh

no

but also yes

5 Likes

I personally don’t see this as the canon Tuyet, but it still looks really good either way. The trans-pink details look really good.

4 Likes

You are seriously talented my guy. Really really talented.

Like others have said, I probably wouldn’t vote for it in a contest, but it is still a spectacular looking model either way

4 Likes

If you enter this, I really doubt it’d win, but, that being said, I adore this moc, and would definitely vote for it. So much about this is perfect, and that sword is just amazing.

5 Likes

This is such a fantastic moc! And I love your headcanon explanations for it.

Bc your headcanons are nice and fleshed out, I would say it wouldn’t fit the canon contest bc the contest is trying to ascertain Tuyet’s appearance as a Toa in the Prime Universe, with her original Barbed Broadsword. It’s kind of the same reason why I don’t want to submit my version of Tuyet, I based it off of a headcanonned alt universe.

This is a fire interpretation, and whether you submit it or not is up to you, but if you decide not to it doesn’t detract from how fantastic this is.

2 Likes

wow
that is an impressive tuyet

3 Likes

That is rad bro. You’ve got a vote from me; I love how the sword feels different from your main Tuyet moc. The gold works well as an accent for the weapon. Good job!

3 Likes

you have dwarfed all other Tuyets with this one Tuyet
You sir have my vote

Well if you want to win the contest, yeah

5 Likes

Mother of God. I just had the most audible gasp seeing this beast of a build.

Please do flush out all the potential hate coming your way for being unique-- enter the bloody contest anyway and give us a good show! Your Tuyet variant is easily one of the best this community has seen. Your textures are coherent, proportions are beautifully stylized, color distribution is perfectly balanced, and your shaping compliments her character so well. That overall silhouette is utterly perfect for a corrupted anti-heroine.

Would gladly photomanipulate a fancy Entry Photo for you if you’d like! That’s how much I’ve fallen in love with this build lol

Ku-freaking-dos to you, gathered friend. Biggest bag of cheers from me :blue_heart:

also Mata Nui bless that golden claymore, because claymores are also broadswords heh.

Helryx Finalist Entry by Secretwalrus? :smirk:

6 Likes

Looks cool, though i believe that masks should be changed, it doesnt work in my opinion. Maybe those G2 skeleton upper arms also could be replaced with something and that visorak legs on forearms.

1 Like

@Takutanuva @Rukah @Rhyla416 thank you all!

@Atobe_Brick @TheMOCingbird @jonpearce @THE_DOOR_OPENER @Enbeanie thank you all very much for your feedback!

So, this is my standpoint right now:

I don’t see any reason to enter this MOC in the contest because the entries that get the most votes are the ones that have G1-y aesthetic (for a good reason. I mainly vote for those entries too), so I doubt that my Tuyet would win or even get to the final round.

On the other hand though, I’m going to enter it anyways, because why the hell not. it’s not the victory that matters, it’s the competition.

Basically, this precise comment by Winger sums up this situation:

@Zarian thank you!
Well, as I stated in my initial post, the mask I used on this MOC is just a placeholder. I just don’t have access to a 3D-printer right now, so I have to work with what I already have.
This is the one I’d like to use:

And regarding the arms, they aren’t perfect, but there’s a reason why I can’t change them. I had to use two of those friction extenders (part 98613c01) in each arm so that they can hold the enormous weight of the barbed claymore, and this limited my possibilities a lot.

@Synnova32 thank you so much for your feedback and kind words! It means a lot to me.

Wow, yes, that would be so awesome!
Your edits are simply astounding!
How can I contact you to discuss the details?

Ah, yes, there are never enough claymores in my life.

Nonono not that one.
It’s actually Helryx entry by @NotTheHerald

12 Likes

You have the attitude of a winner. i love it.

2 Likes

Bro I am so sorry I didn’t see this reply edit right away :joy: :sob: I downloaded one of your pics from this topic and worked on that when I saw your approval; and thank you! I’m happy you love my work! :blue_heart:

I worked on it right away lol; I’m available to contact on Discord (Synnova32#6476) or on Instagram(same name) if you’d still like to discuss more details for a different edit :sweat_smile: I’m open to doing more for your lovely entry! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: my bad, friend heh

6 Likes

I mean, that’s as good an attitude as any to enter the contest.

2 Likes

But seriously.

There is something holistically good about this. Your building style is so awesome, it barely even looks like it’s possible, with how the pieces fit together.

I would really not want to see this canonized, but there is absolutely no way I’m not voting for it.

3 Likes

Well, don’t worry, that’s not needed anymore because this one already looks phenomenal! I don’t think that any improvements or changes are needed because it’s already perfect!
Thank know you again so, so much for this amazing edit!

I’m probably asking for too much, and I’ll totally understand if you say no, but it would be so awesome if you made an additional photo edit (just like this one) of the first picture from this topic (where Tuyet holds both the stone and the claymore).

5 Likes