Tuyet The Warped - Fanon contest #1 entry.

This is my interpretation of Tuyet that went through about 3 redesigns through the course of a year. I’ve chosen the purple as second color specifically to represent Tuyet from the toa empire universe since it gives her a darker, menacing vibe. I think it’s fiting as it’s a melding color between nui-stone’s red and the main blue colors. If you want the main universe Tuyet, you can simply swap the purple parts for their silvers analogs.

Originally I whanted her to have the metal blue + purple armor, but seeing how much some of the metal blue parts cost I decided to drop that concept for the sake of accessabuility to building the model. Since purple is almost non existant colour in g1 and it looks good with mata blue (tho it would look even better with indigo), it’s gonna be my best bet.

The metru build was chosen specifically to 1) Give her the function of swinging her sword. 2) Be in line with the ol’ Lhikan. 3) Just to show how far you can go modifying metru build in a more creative way to achieve the inika level of articulation.

I’m proud of the arm design as I came up with this configuration on my own, legs are less so, but they have a few unique solutions as well, like the krana used for knee guards. The idea of using super battle droid arms was to give Tuyet’s biceps and press a more organic, muscle texture.

Techniques details

I feel that potentially weak point are blade pieces on the back of upper arms, they may have trouble holding on in those rubberized g1 connectors (Due to the nature of axle holes there), so I suggest uppling a bit of (thick) paint on the bars that go into axle holes for additional stability. That piece is nessessary to ensure the battle droid arms don’t wobble around.

You will need to modify/cut 2 lightsaber bars in order to get 2L bars for the lower arms build.

The painted parts are 2x matoro mahri shoulders in mata blue and 6x super battle droid minifigure arms in dark purple (Tho you can just use standard pearl dark grey if you don’ want to bother.

Tuyet’s sword can be easily stored on her back by using the connector from the back of gear box as a sword handle.

Storage

Custom parts links

Great Mask of Intangibility by KhingK - Thingiverse
Tuyet's Barbed Broadsword by KhingK - Thingiverse
The Nui Stone by KhingK - Thingiverse

And of course

33 Likes

ooooo
i like this one A LOT!!

1 Like

I like this! i don’t think you can build it IRL without painting parts but it still looks cool.

Looks pretty cool, I like the silver/purple mismatched parts.

I really like this, but I feel like the color balance is a little off. With most of the purple being on one side, and then suddenly having the skirt thing on the other side also be purple? I think that maybe switching up the purple skirt piece with the silver one would be better, but that’s just my opinion.

Again though, it’s a really good moc, great work!

1 Like

There are 3 parts to paint - 1 kraana, glatorian foot armor and elek’s claw, I suppose it’s a resonable minimum?

Maybe so, I gotta leave it to the artist at the end, maybe they decide to get rid of purple comlitely?

If you don’t particularly care about colour-matching, you could use the purple krana from the Gahlok-Va. I’m not sure how much it would stand out, though.

1 Like

very nice.

I’m not sure how sold I am how bulky she appears to be (especially next to Lhikan), but this is honestly a pretty sick looking design and I’m such a sucker for those purple accents. Best of luck.

2 Likes

I added some additional purple on the updated renders, studio file updated as well.

Very nice. Love the asymmetry, and of course it being another Tuyet that isn’t obviously evil.

1 Like

hey that’s my line that I stole from N01

2 Likes

No more cannon contest boiz, no more depressive Tuyets.

1 Like

Welp, this went through a lot of redesigns.

meh still looks really nice - this version looks way better!

Thank you, tho voters didn’t seem to share the sentiment. I wonder how good are my chances with Lariska contest.

1 Like