Tynne, Guardian of the Isle of Thorns

@JMP @Rac

It’s this!

Check him out on Bricklink!
As far as I know apart from a few belville sets maybe (?) this is the only set with VIOLET parts. They’re what I used for Tynne, deliberately so I could use that colour for something. REx1 uses these bits too :smile:

So it’s old, and it’s purple, but it’s not old purple, it’s not from 2001 and it’s definitely not blue.

I like the elaboration of the story from mocpages, and the moving up of the shoulders, a problem shared by mostly all users of this particular torso build

The Fire Nation attacked :stuck_out_tongue:

She’s pretty epic. I’m very glad that you did not resort to using the Nuva armor as a chest piece.

Some time i look at what amazing builds other people can do and then look at my builds… :tired_face:

But anyways nice build! :grinning:

Nice job! It would be nicer is she had more white in her lower legs than gray, but that’s just a knit-pick. The other general details are great.

@Jedder77 Nah, that’d mess up her colour blocking. Her lower arms and lower legs are deliberately all silver.

@Gringat
Re: Neck issues.
I think it’s more of a lack of gradual transition, it’s just a long section, maybe make the head attach in a way where it coveres the part of the socket where the balljoint fits in or use a slizer foot in the open axel hole and use system in the peg holes on the slizer foot to help with the flow. This is further illustrated by the side shot, that rather than the neck just being too long, it’s actually just lacking transition. The side shot shows that there is an appropriate gap inbetween the head and shoulders and looks way better than some of the front shots of the neck, no signs of it being too long.

Yeah… I tried using a slizer foot (I have so many, I tend to spam them everywhere anyway) but I really didn’t like how it looked. I really need something smaller than that to help contour things here, and I can’t really think of anything.

This isn’t an issue I just have with Tynne either - a lot of my female toa have the same issue. With my male toa the neck socket has the wider side facing forward so it’s not so bad, and I can contour that with a couple of fang/thorn parts a lot of the time.

Have you tried sticking system on the 2006 hand part? The connection is frail but studs fit into the indentions. You might be able to make something out of it.

I have
I really don’t like the look of the undersides of bricks there though. I need something that has a slope, ideally.