Underrated Video Games Discussion

Anyone here ever heard of the arcade game Gunbird? Just me?

I didn’t know this topic was a thing.

I’d say Drawn To Life gets my vote for the most underrated. The story in that game was real good. Also, there’s this neat little game on Steam called Out There Somewhere. That’s a fun one.

@pizzacheetah I mean it is kinda just f2p overwatch

It’s so fun.

1 Like

One of the game series that never got the fame it deserved, it’s Legacy of Kain, though i know that there are some people who really like it.

Incredible writing, memorable characters, a plot that keeps you entertained and extensive lore that makes you wish for more. Definitely worth the play.

1 Like

The first game that comes to mind for me whenever I hear underrated these days, would probably be Ace Combat. I think it’s partly because of the flight game genre which is kinda niche to begin with it. I love those games due to how fun they are to play, how great most of the storylines are (even though they can get a bit cheesy and over the top) and the amazing soundtracks.

There are quite a few games in that series, but Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War (or Squadron Leader, as it’s called here in Europe for some reason) remains my favorite in the series.

(This trailer is as amazing as it’s completely bonkers)

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood is another game that comes to mind, as I think it was overshadowed by Red Dead Redemption. It’s a fun western FPS with good characters and story, it’s mostly linear but have a few open levels where you can participate in side quests.

Then there’s Singularity, which received no marketing whatsoever. Which is a shame, because it’s a really good and actually creative FPS once you get your hands on the time glove (don’t remember what it’s actually called). It also has one of the best guns I’ve ever used in a FPS.

(Since it’s rated M, viewer discretion is advisable)

I’ve been meaning to get a look at this, since I have heard mostly good things about it and anything that includes or are inspired by Scandinavian mythology I pretty much get instantly interested by.

(Didn’t mean to make the entire post as a reply, it started with me quoting your post but then I decided to actually write about some more underrated games so I think I messed with the system.)

1 Like

I’m watching the topic, so I woulda been notified anyway.

I completely agree with your assessment on Call of Juarez, it’s certainly underrated.

Speaking of Ace Combat, here’s another excellent flight combat simulator that should be mentioned: HAWX. Man, was that game fun. If you’re gonna get HAWX though, get it on PC, there’s no good reason to play it on console. It’s a Tom Clancy game, meaning it’s an underrated classic with excellent story by default.

1 Like

I haven’t played HAWX actually, but funnily enough it was the first flight game that I took notice of, but for some reason I never got around to play it. It’s definitely on my to-play list, as it’s both a flight game and a Tom Clancy game.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree with you more, flash games are always overlooked. One of my old favourites is Armor Mayhem, a very Raze inspired game that I like more than Raze. :stuck_out_tongue:

You can find it here: Armor Mayhem - Play on Armor Games

I really liked “Full Auto 2: Battlelines”, a PS3 car combat game from 2006. It’s not perfect, and the online servers are down, but if you can find it cheap, I’d recommend it (I got my copy for five bucks online).

1 Like

I thoroughly enjoyed Raze 1 and 2, the third gave me some minor amusement. Armor Mayhem was one of my favorite stupid action games, especially because of the UT Classic-style announcer. As someone who grew up on Quake Online, I really enjoyed the style it evoked.

Speaking of awesome Flash games, Monsters Den, specifically the second installment, Book of Dread. Probly my favorite party RPG dungeon crawler ever, other than RPing in real life.

Also, Legend of the Void and Legend of the Void 2. I won’t say anything more than the titles, but trust me, there’s a reason Legend of the Void 2 has stayed at the top of the ratings list for Armor Games’ adventure category for YEARS.

1 Like

I absolutely love this game.

It is a sequel to the game that initially inspired the fallout series.

2 Likes

Man.

Wasteland is a must have for every Post-apocalyptic lovers.

1 Like

Some really good games would have to be the Ape Escape series and the Golden Sun series, you should definitely check them out.

I used to play Armor Mayhem all the time!

1 Like

Super Smash Flash 2. It is very well made for a fan game. Better than Brawl. I dare say. That’s just me.

ET is very underrated.

1 Like

Recently found this fighting game called Vanguard Princess.

Despite it being kinda lewd its really fun and you can do some pretty sick combos in it. Its a pretty fun for a fighting game. Also its 5 bux base price.

There’s this obscure game called Team Fortress 2 I recently discovered. It’s about these mercenaries who have to accomplish these goals, such as stealing each other’s intel.

2 Likes

I (somewhat) recently got Okami on my Switch, and it’s amazing. I hear the Switch is the best platform to play it on as well, due to the touchscreen working with the Celestial Brush, and the HD rumble with the pitter-patter of Ammy’s pawsteps.

Old Star Wars games. The Jedi Knight series is my jam

I want to try Dark Forces, but I don’t know where to play it.