Unnamed metru toa

I don’t know why but I decided to build a metru build. Kinda a trophy hunter theme having converted a rahi head into a shield / gauntlet cannon

24 Likes

0/10 it has articulated arms

sarcasm aside, this looks quite nice, especially the weapons.

Zaath shoulders? That’s a new one.

2 Likes

any face can be a shoulder if you try hard enough.

3 Likes

Good job on the MOC! I like how you balanced white with metru green, that’s not an easy color scheme to pull off.

The shoulders do look nice, I really like the Zaath. My one gripe with them is that they look really beefy, then the forearms are skinny Metru arms. It looks a little off, but it doesn’t ruin the MOC for me by any means.

I really admire MOCs like these that improve on the design of the Metru toa without becoming overly cluttered or big. With all the canon contests coming up, this kind of skill is going to be really helpful. I also like the guns/canons. Outside of gimmicky blasters, I felt like arm canons had a lot of potential that never was realized in the official models.

1 Like

Speaking of arm cannons I ended up quickly changing the core so instead of a pull tab connection the arm can just slide in now

1 Like

Love the look of that canon arm it looks amazing!!!
The shoulders are so cool too and the color choice is nice.

1 Like

So the rest of his body is not canon? :open_mouth:

1 Like

May we all wake up the day of the Hagah contest with this thought.

Lighting makes it a bit difficult to see black vs. dark green, so I don’t know how well they’re balanced out. Zatth shoulder armor is something I don’t think I’ve seen before. Left part of the stomach looks rather hollow. Cool use of the Midgard Serpent head (?), though I think it’d make more aesthetic sense in a smoother, more CCBS build.

2 Likes