Unpopular Opinions about LEGO

It’s also a huge bonus that they’re compatible with the standard CCBS connections. One of the 2.0 combiners uses Breez’s visor as wrist-blades, another uses Nex’s as a… toolbelt?.., and I could see Furno’s goggles being used in a similar fashion, as laser blasters.

(Now I’m disappointed that the third combiner didn’t do that)

8 Likes

I always saw that as a sheath for his blade, personally

3 Likes

I’m just bothered by the double knee joints

I’m pretty sure Jang did a moc like that, with the actual explanation being that the character stole furno’s goggles.

My opinion is that LEGO should kill Ninjago now.

11 Likes

5 Likes

So would I! Especially if made with constraction!

2 Likes

I think that Zane would have been a way more interesting character if he was human as was originally planned.

5 Likes

Not sure if it’s an unpopular opinion but I think Lego went too big too fast with the Manas set.

Bionicle was too low profile at the time, and if they had waited to introduce RC sets until 04 or so, there would have been a bigger market justifying the financial excursion; we could have ended up with more sets like that (I’m thinking Vahki transport, Kahgarak, and Nektann drone sets all recycling the gearbox)

9 Likes

I love how most of the discussions here are for popular opinions.

I think they should prolong Star Wars and Ninjago forever.

8 Likes

Don’t hate me for this
I don’t like Monkie Kid
That goes both for show and sets that are way too overpriced

2 Likes

Besides the price, why don’t you like it?

1 Like

I like Monkie Kid but I feel it’s overstayed its welcome.

1 Like
3 Likes

Ninjago? No.

Star Wars? Yes, so long as it’s good media.

The Mandalorian and Star Wars:Visions are proof that you can basically do anything within the Star Wars universe and as long as it’s good, the aesthetic will never get tiring.

6 Likes

I don’t care if Star Wars Star Wars is dead forever, I’d buy LEGO SW sets as long as they’re good. The best SW sets come dry periods of SW media.

4 Likes

Even that dumb Kenobi show has awesome sci fi minifigures that can be used outside of Star Wars. I wish lego wouldn’t paywall the star wars minifigs as hard as they do because the detail on some of these are nuts. And by “paywall”, I mean they sell you an overpriced ship or piece of scenery that you don’t need.

7 Likes

Looks at topic name.

Aaaand, this is me realizing I’ve made an error.

7 Likes

IF I HAD A NICKEL FOR EVRYTIME I HEARD AM’S SPEECH THIS WEEK, I’D HAVE TWO, WHICH ISN’T A LOT BUT IT’S WEIRD THAT IT HAPPENED TWICE.

Also unpopular opinion here, the Hero Factory Dropship is better than the 2008 vehicles. The landing gear, shape, opening canopy, controls, function (Dropping a canister), weapons and cool stickers are factors that make it a fun toy and nice display piece.

I’m exaggerating a bit as I do love the Jetrax and it would be a close one.

8 Likes

I agree. Technically I can only really compare it to the Axalara and Rockoh, but I did have a multicolour Jetrax built out of leftover parts once. The other two are neat, but they are pretty much just giant rectangles with seats and heaps of blades on them. The dropship looks like it could actually fly.

I also love the way the colour blocking’s done. The main body is almost exclusively yellow with a black nosecone, while the wings are grey and the weapons are black. It’s surprisingly cohesive.

3 Likes