Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

Umbara? If so, I’d agree up until Fives, Jesse, and Hardcase steal the ships. Hardcase will forever be one of my favorite troopers.

No Mon-Cala. The underwater place. Idk why, I just found it rly boring. I actually loved umbara

1 Like

Oops. The absence of the dash threw me off of realizing one of my favorite characters’ homelands. Yeah, I liked Mon-Cala a lot because of Ackbar, Fisto, and Tamson.

Ackbar was cool to see but the fights just seemed lackluster

I’m not allowed to watch most movies, just because my little siblings are… well, too little.

but TLJ sucked, the story-line was… EXACTLY LIKE EVERY MOVIE EVER CREATED!

Regardless of how you feel about the movie, I don’t think that’s true. I believe about 80% of the movie’s major plot points are pretty unique. Whether they’re good or not is subjective, but they haven’t really been done before. The way Snoke was killed off, the force-projection plot, Rey’s parents not actually being anyone of note, the wise mentor being disillusioned, and the unjust mutiny by the protagonists, all are pretty original ideas.
If you don’t like the movie, that’s understandable. Just thought I should put that out there.

6 Likes

In regards to that… the way Snoke was fi ished off maybe unique… though it really was not… but even if it was, it was absolutely horrible writing.

The parents of the unnecessarily talented hero being nobodies is nothing that has not been done beore either.

The film has thinks that are… okay. Like the interaction between Rey and Kylo (though they are not really good or interesting characters besides that). But in my opinion overall the movie fails… both as a movie and as a Star Wars movie. As I said, in my opinion.

1 Like

Why is that, Would you rather him ramble on about some back story that wouldn’t fit the scene at all? His death mirrors that of the emporer in episode 6 after all

however not for a star wars protagonist

1 Like

I would’ve rather we gotten something about who he was than nothing at all. The Emperor and Snoke aren’t really comparable because the Emperor was the villain of a standalone story. We didn’t need a reason for him to be there because he was the Status Quo. Snoke is the entire reason this sequel trilogy happened in the first place, and there is a very large gap between Episodes 6 and 7 that is unexplained.

The problem wasn’t that Rey’s parents were nobodies, it’s that they weren’t even nobodies. If Rey met her parents and they were characters who we never met before that would be fine. You could still do something interesting with that. Hell, I’d be fine if they never brought them up at all, because at least then it could be left to the imiagination. With Kylo Ren brushing off Rey’s parents as nothing they’ve killed any potential that plot point could have.

1 Like

I’ve never really enjoyed the Star Wars movies. I mean, they’re cool and all, but they’ve never really managed to interest me all that much.

I prefer the Clone Wars cartoon a lot more.

I think Kylo lied and they’re actually siblings.

Does Kylo even have a reason to lie though?

1 Like

Perhaps he does and we don’t know what it is yet

Remember that we’ve got an entire topic to discuss why you like or dislike The Last Jedi, and even then, disliking the film isn’t that unpopular an opinion, so let’s move on.

Iron Fist Season 1 is good. Fight me.

5 Likes

Sorry. Though personally I think it’s weird to have a thread generally about movies, but not to be able to discuss a specific movie there.

I mean, there are more specific topics for that.

It’s a thread about unpopular opinions on movies and TV, not a “let’s generally discuss movies”. In the instance of The Last Jedi conversation,

What he said. There’s an entire topic centered around Episode VIII where this can be discussed, and as I said earlier,

So that discussion doesn’t belong here anyway. If someone were saying, for instance, “hey, I think the classic horror film Psycho from Alfred Hitchcock would be waaaayyyy better if it were in color” then you could discuss that until the cows come home, as it’s an unpopular opinion, and there’s not a dedicated Psycho movie topic.

4 Likes

you’re totally correct…
I just felt that the general line of events and not looking at the details procured a movie very similar to a couple of previous star wars movies.

It’s still not about one specific movie. They were discussing unpopular opinions from what I understand, just mostly about Last Jedi. In the end you’re the mod tho so whatever

Venom is at least more entertaining than most Marvel movies. Whether it’s a good movie or not, it’s a lot of fun, and I personally rank it alongside Homecoming and Ragnarok.