Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

The Marshmallow Man was a funny concept, but the rest of the movie already drove me away, and I didn’t laugh even when everyone is covered in Marshmallow after the explosion. I admit that the scenes were funny, but all that End of The Word ghost ritual didn’t make any sense to me… and I didn’t like this movie because of this. Also, it happened way to fast. The whole movie is not even two hours, which is kinda insufficient for such a complicated story…

Though the movie gives off a good message, personally it came off kinda boring and didn’t really have an identity imo. It has rather good animation and the humor is surprisingly good but everything else in the story kinda falls flat in it’s pacing (mainly the final reveal that is meant for young kids to be surprised at) and the plot that honestly half doesn’t know what to do with itself at times (mainly with those weird trolls, they were the cute smol people of the movie meant to sell toys). Overall I wouldn’t say it’s either bad or good. It’s just bland like potato water.

A movie being overrated shouldn’t really effect your opinion on it imo.

1 Like

I wish they had kept closer to the book for Frozen

The movie was inspired by the “Snow Queen” book by Hans Christian Andersen, but it wasn’t a straight up book adaptation with modifications like for example The Little Mermaid, also by H. Ch. Andersen. Since this was not supposed to by an adaptation but rather a original story with little inspiration, It’s acceptable in my opinion.

1 Like

I believe he’s saying that the movie would have been more interesting if it had taken more plot elements from the original story; less a matter of being true to the original and more about making the movie more interesting (and a bit darker, if I’m remembering the original correctly). Might be wrong about that, though.

1 Like

Elsa should have stayed evil

2 Likes

Probably the only reason this didn’t happen is because Elsa dolls would have not sold anymore…:laughing:

I know what book it’s based on, though the changes perplex me, as the little mermaid was changed to lighten the tone, while Frozen barely resembles(the much better in my opinion) book

2 Likes

More Unpopular opinions:

Most of the Disney Direct-to-DVD sequels aren’t really that bad. While a few of them are worthless, most of the I found to be decent to good. Can’t really see were the hate comes from.

I didn’t really like Ghostbusters.

Frozen is a good movie.

Moana is pretty good too.

Dead Men Tell No Tales was pretty good.

Prince of Egypt is an underrated master piece, and probably my favourite DreamWorks movie, to be honest.

Ghost Protocol is at a close tie with Fallout at being my favourite Mission Impossible movie.

Narnia is the best Book-to-Movie adaptation ever.

Wreak-it-Ralph isn’t that great. It’s a good movie, but not my favourite Revival Era Disney movie. I am looking forward to seeing the new one, though.

The Matrix is a masterpiece.

The Star Wars franchise is way to overrated. The original movies were the good ones, the new ones are just average… Don’t take from a franchise more then it has. Really, do we need all those TV Shows, Comics, etc to expend the franchise? I don’t even consider them canon to the movies, to be perfectly honest. Don’t get me wrong. I do like Star Wars, but It’s not my all time favorite movie like in the cases of most movie amateurs.

I prefer Indiana Jones over Star Wars

I liked all three Hobbit movies.

Home Alone 3 was pretty good. Can’t understand the exaggeratedly low score. I enjoyed it as much as the first two.

Don’t think that’s unpopular [quote=“LegoDavid, post:430, topic:44421”]
Narnia is the best Book-to-Movie adaptation ever.
[/quote]
Haven’t seen the whole LoTR series so I have no say, but Dawn Treader was inaccurate [quote=“LegoDavid, post:430, topic:44421”]
Prince of Egypt is an underrated master piece
[/quote]
True, but not my favorite dreamworks movie

1 Like

Yeah, probably this is the reason it’s regarded as the worst Narnia movie. But the first movie… That was what I was talking about.

1 Like

But the first movie wasn’t anything like the book

But seriously, they should have done a Magician’s Nephew movie.

1 Like

Don’t most people think this?

2 Likes

It’s now trendy to retrospectively dislike once popular movies.

5 Likes

Why not? The first movie was very accurate to the book.

And yes, I want a Magician’s Naphew movie so badly. And a Horse and His Boy movie. Those were may favourite out of the books.

1 Like

I was making a joke because the first movie isn’t based off of the first book.

2 Likes

Considering that The Lion Which, and Wardrobe was the first book the be written, but not the first one in the order of the story, it makes sense to me.

3 Likes

OK, I know that what I am going to say is not an unpopular opinion, but I just watched the movie and I need to post my opinion somewhere so…
The Greatest Showsman is a fantastic piece of cinematic wonder. I absolutely loved it. Yes, if I would make a list of my favourite movies it would not be above Infinity War or Marry Poppins Returns, but I loved it anyway. I am almost disappointed that Hugh Jackman is rarely leaving the Wolverine role for other movies. Almost.

1 Like

The Swan Princess is an amazing underrated movie. It was probably my all time favorite movie as a child. Now, after re-watching it, I realize that this movie really needs more attention then it gets. I feel like the only reason it’s so underrated is because it was not made by Disney. Other than that, this is probably the most classic non-Disney animated movie ever.

I know Ive said this before I think, but this is just my unpopular opinion, but I think this is an amazing piece of art, that overly glorifies a true evil man. Yes, I know that The Greatest Showman wasn’t supposed to be historical, but the fact that they paint P. T. Barnum as such a great guy is terrible. The real P. T. Barnum was manipulative, and just a really bad guy, look him up if you want. What I’m saying is that although I think the movie itself is good, the fact that they made it is pretty bad IMO. I know this is a pretty unpopular opinion, but that’s why this topic exists.

2 Likes