Upcoming Lego Movies

It’s kind of old news now, but Lego has announced three new Lego movies over the next few years!

Ninjago Movie
Lego Batman Movie
Lego Movie 2

What are your thoughts on these? I heard that the Batman one is actually based in the same universe as the Lego Movie, featuring the same Batman (and likely other characters), making it a spin-off rather than a whole new series. I find this to be interesting, and an overall good idea. The Lego Movie had an incredibly diverse world and I think this will make a better movie than yet another story in Gotham, cool as it is (especially for Lego). What do you all think of this decision?

10 Likes

I’m curious to see how they’ll turn out. The first LEGO Movie was awesome, but I fear the continuations will be a downgrade in quality.

2 Likes

Of course it will be a little bit of a downgrade in quality, like all sequels, but I just hope they will be good!

1 Like

I was not only referring to the sequels’ animation and other design aspects, but their story .If the plot is rotten in these next installments I will be seriously disappointed.

4 Likes

Well technically, that is pretty much what I meant.

2 Likes

Lego movie 2: rise of the constraction

7 Likes

For TLM2 I want to see how they deal with the duplos.

2 Likes

If the constraction characters are all bad guys… I will punch something. Hard. And rant about it.

2 Likes

No
I imagine this
the toa team up with emmet
ermmet gets a constraction mech
they fight makuta

4 Likes

I’m personally excited for the Ninjago movie which I’ll probably see (even though I’m not a big fan of Ninjago). And the Lego Movie 2 because, why not? I don’t know about the Lego Batman Movie but if it turns out all right maybe I’ll see it in dvd or maybe it’ll be on netflix or something… Really pumped for most of them though!

I will simply await the Everything is Awesome remix.

2 Likes

I can’t wait until Lego movie 2. The Ninjago movie I’ll probably see on dvd, and I doubt I’ll see the batman movie, because I don’t like the batman character from the Lego movie.

1 Like

why do you not like Batman from The Lego Movie?

He’s a jerk and not like Batman at all.

1 Like

I’ve always seen Batman as some sort of jerk, to a point though, in the movie, him and Benny were my favorite characters.

1 Like

That’s part of the joke. ._.

I mean, it’s a parody, mixing batman with your typical like, “deep, emo” kinda guy.

I found the joke very effective, but I’m not sure if a whole movie based around him is really a good idea.

7 Likes

I feel bad now.

2 Likes

Hey, there’s no shaymin that :wink:

6 Likes

I hate you.

4 Likes

My thoughts;
The Lego Movie - February 7, 2014
Ninjago - September 23, 2016
The Lego Batman Movie - 2017 (Possibly May 26, 2017)
The Lego Movie 2 - 2018 (Possibly May 25, 2018)
The Lego Movie 3 - May 24, 2019 (Original date, likely pushed back)

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a Bionicle film amongst these, probably on the possible May 25th 2018 release.