Update July 5th 22! 4 new photos, finally completed! ICARAX The Definitive Edition 2.0

Update JULY 4th 2022! So my glorious and outstanding friends! I made one final update to Icarax’s body design, one that bugged me for a time but could not find a solution that appeased me… however! I have found it! As you will see in the photos I have just posted here I have made Icarax some “trapezius like” between shoulder/neck area parts! Which gives a much better silouette in my honest opinion and does not change or interfere with the neck articulation at all! Let me know your thoughts! The new photos are the top four! (Update 6/29/22 15 new photos of option 2 wings: Classic Revamp wings photos added at the bottom of the photo stream) (Update 6/21/22 I added photos of Icarax with LED eyes and updated back of neck armor, let me know your thoughts!) Hello again everyone! This is my revised and updated version of Makuta Icarax with some minor and some drastic changes, I added spikes of varying sizes as well as a new set of wings! This character has been redesigned to encompass what I wanted to see in him but I also wanted him close to the original, he has a shield,sword,claw and interchangeable wings, a collapsed pair and a full pair, He is the exact height as the original and made up of 445 parts without weapons and 521 parts with them. He comes with joints that are unhindered and can achieve every pose allowed with ball joints, the original had a rotating blade, now his shield, it has a hinge and rotation. The claw which used to be his left hand and now an attachment is able to unfold, open and close and collapse back on itself and you can bring just one half of the claw down to use as a wrist blade. The wings have full range articulation. I made sure when building Icarax and Onebua and the Ta Matoran here, that I would stay as true as possible to the story in regard to their height. Icarax is exactly 11.4" to the top of his head (not counting the horns on either the Kraahkan or the Mask Of Scavenging) which would reflect his 11ish feet height in the story, the Toa Onebua is exactly 7" to reflect the Toa being 7 feet and the Matoran is exactly 4" to reflect the height of Matoran in the story, so they are all 1/12 scale to their story counterparts. Please let me know if you like the new version better or the old version from before! Thank you!

52 Likes

Nice. He looks awesome, I love the (way too expensive) smaug wings being used.

Also just pretend I gave your post an actual like I don’t have any real ones left

5 Likes

Thank you! Yeah they certainly were not cheap, and also in my opinion way too expensive! However I do like how they look!

I adore both your Icarax and Teridax revamps, and this one is no different. Those Smaug wings work perfectly, and fit the size of the build super well.

1 Like

Thank you very much for saying so! I think they at least in my mind made a little more sense, they look like they could actually possibly be believable as wings.

2 Likes

This looks great! The amount of detail and the wings are awesome!

1 Like

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Finally: the Even More Definitive Edition

6 Likes

Hahaha thank you! I will be posting more photos in various poses most likely tomorrow!

I do love it when a moc uses those Smaug wings
which i don’t have

2 Likes

Thank you! I wish the wings were cheaper for everyone.

1 Like

This is one of the best revamp’s I’ve seen, going right to the head canon. (Obligatory comment about the Smaug wings)

1 Like

Thank you! I truly appreciate the kind words. Those Smaug wings haha.

1 Like

best makuta moc for me!

1 Like

Thank you very much! I added photos of my Icarax with green eyes to see everyone’s thoughts on it, I think it’s nice to actually see his eyes for a change since the usual red is hard to show through the mask and it also gets rid of the brain extension out of the back of the metru head!

This is extremely cool. He looks just like the brutal warrior we know Icarax to be, and it’s really impressive that you kept him the same height as the original. The wings are the best part to me–totally worth it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! It took quite a bit of work and planning haha. I am really glad I went with those wings in the end, the original ones, while cool, just were not as imposing to me. I just added a new cinematic photo of Icarax vs a Toa, it took a long time to shoot, I hope you like it! I also updated the last photo, it is more clear than before. Update 6/21/22 I added photos of Icarax with LED eyes and updated back of neck armor, let me know your thoughts everyone!)

1 Like

The back armor looks even better now! And in regards to the LED eyes–they’re incredible. If I could give the original post more than one like, I definitely would. Your MOCing powers are clearly becoming too great for mere likes. =P

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!! I am glad I updated the back armor, i think it fills in much better now. I thought the LED lights would be fun. Well I truly appreciate it! Hahaha! I still have much to learn though :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Every update this build just gets better and better. Really makes him feel like the true Makuta warlord that he is instead of the skinny weak little thing that the set was.
Money well spent on the custom parts too, always love some custom parts.

6 Likes