Vamprah:The Definitive Edition

Update 11/26/23 Vamprah 5.0! I updated the arms for more detail like the rest of the MOC, updated the feet and hips parts for stability and color cohesion. I hope you like it! Gathered friends! I present Vamprah Terror Of The Matoran 4.0! Color changes and Many improvements and design changes were made and just finished November 4th 2023, he is now made of 353 parts instead of 263 and has a much wider range of articulation and hands! Hinged toes and fingers etc and weapon storage. He can stand as tall as 10" and crouch as low as 4" now and now can curl into a ball and low crawl. He can also get a much wider foot articulation range from left, right, forward and back and that goes for the shoulders and hips as well, much more thought went into advancing articulation. He also has more blue! More mobility features and updated hips, back, leg and arm construction. so I extended the ribcage, added spikes and articulated swivels and hinges to make a hip section that actually moves out of the way when posing the legs forward and back and side to side. the back was also reconstructed to have articulated spikes that move up and down to make the transition from standing and on fours more natural. The legs lastly have a similar swivel system to cover down when the legs articulate and feet move and knee bend, same for the hips and shoulders. So! I hope you like this! Sorry for the lengthy description! 5.0 version beyond this point:

![1702377852593~2|376x500]

4.0 version beyond this point:

Older version:

Before updated back and neck and arms beyond this point:

49 Likes

I put the nitpick at the top so it does not feel as critical (hopefully). I think the back side of the moc is too dark. I think there could be a little more silver in the

Now the good stuff. you have beautifully kept the original signature pieces and uppdated everythng else. wings, hooks, mask, chest armor and even the leg claws have found themselves in the moc. Is that original makuta tors or have you combined pieces to resemble one? euther way excelent use of pieces.

I like the Gen 2 spikes in the bakc and the

Not to mention you have uppdated the articulation to the top. I was pleasently suprised the mock could stand on two legs.

What is the grey half pin used for in the lower back?

1 Like

i think i could use a little more blue in the body and legs - but hot god this looks cool!

2 Likes

I actually agree, I was just keeping in line with how the original set has completely black on the back minus the blue waste and the light bluish grey Matoran connection piece. But I absolutely am going to add blue to the back and waste and I can incorporate silver in the back as well. I am just low on parts at this time that would work for his color scheme. Also thank you very much! Lastly the half pins are actually all over the MOC and are just to break up the black a little bit. But I was intending to replace that particular part with a Matoran connection piece. Though after some research it looks like the only parts for the legs that come in that shade of blue came with the Storm Beast set and can only be purchased overseas or buy the set brand new for outrageous prices. So I might only be able to add blue to the waste and body and some silver. That’s the best I can do. The legs I shall try and see what can be done.

1 Like

Now this is great. Looks extremely spiky and menacing, while still keeping that '08 Makuta aesthetic.

3 Likes

really great revamp da dum tiss puns aside this is probably the best vamprah vamp ive seen thats probably because no one cares about the 08 makuta, even though they are the coolest . you really are proving to be the master of 08

3 Likes

Thank you so much my friend! I truly appreciate, I love the 08 Makuta, to me it was a huge epic of a year In regards to powerhouses of characters and plot, it was one of my top favorite times of Bionicle. The Makita designs were particularly cool looking and it is always my pleasure to try and improve them. So far I have done Teridax, Icarax, Antroz, Vamprah and a severely outdated Chirox MOC which is my next project to redo and highly improve upon the foundations of haha.

1 Like

I love this. Vamprah is now officially one of the most intimidating Makuta I have ever seen.

2 Likes

Oh definitely either blue or silver is fine.

Matoran mechanic!? this goes from a nine to a ten!!! You can also put some kind of exstra pieces on Gavla if it makes easier to invent a matoran mechanic on the back.

1 Like

This, to me, is the Vamprah that the books evoke. Prowling, powerful, and with that unsettling edge of strength and speed. Very nice! The claws on both the feet and the hands are, I think, my favorite part. And the level of articulation is very impressive.

2 Likes

Update 10/6/22 I added 5 photos of Vamprah for my spooky October photo series! Though Makuta Vamprah prefers crawling like a quadrupedal beast most of the time, he also has been known to walk the corridors of Destral at night under the cover of darkness, looking akin to a lycanthrope or more commonly known…a werewolf!

3 Likes

He looks pretty good here, surely more menacing than the original.

2 Likes

Update 2/6/23 I decided for the sake of better articulation, to update Vamprah to have a great deal more range of motion in the arms despite the slight design change to do so. The arms are the only thing I updated, the forearm was turned around to allow the hinge at the elbow more forward motion, the wing shoulders were moved out one notch to allow better range as well as new articulation for the shoulder wings, lastly the wrist wings were given multiple swivels and slider to allow articulation and wing extension and folding it did not have before. As before he could not get his arms straight out to the side to fly. Now he can crouch under 4" as well, instead of the just over 4" from before when crouching. I updated the photos to make it clear the final version vs the old version.

1 Like

Wow…that’s a beautiful Makuta. I’ve got no better word it, I just love the build. Splendid job

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Very appreciated! ***Update 10/10/23 Updated neck and back for better head articulation to the left and right movement. I updated the arms for full wing articulation, better shoulder range, improved elbow bend and now articulation in the wrist wing as well as it had none before. He can now crouch below 4" as well thanks to the additional articulation! ***

2 Likes

Have you upgraded the moc some more, or the corrupted matoren?

2 Likes

I have indeed, I just put the update information in the wrong place lol. Here it is: Update 10/10/23 Updated neck and back for better head articulation to the left and right movement. I updated the arms for full wing articulation and separate hand section for better range and actual hand articulation and changed the upper arm for better shoulder range, improved elbow bend. He can now crouch below 4" as well thanks to the additional articulation!

3 Likes

Very cool revamp! I like the spikes and shaping

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I wanted him to have a sharper appearance to give each Makuta a semi cohesive style to separate them from the Toa and their armor being more smooth.

4 Likes

Now this is the chunkiest mother clucking bay I’ve ever seen. Well done!

4 Likes