ICARAX The Definitive Edition

Whoa dude that hand build is much more elaborate than I thought. Very impressive. I think I might even have the right parts to try that at some point.

2 Likes

I am honestly still in awe of how awesome this is. I canā€™t wait for the new photos!

1 Like

Whoa, thatā€™s massive.

1 Like

The size is impressive, and it also looks good. So thatā€™s what I meant :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

I canā€™t wait to see your professional photography on this one!!

1 Like

Very good revamp that keeps in the spirit of the set, a few details are a little hard to make out, be it the darker color scheme or the lack of closeups, would you post a more detailed view of some of his inner bits? to make it easier to make him?

1 Like

Very beefy. Very nice. I like it.

Especially those legs. PX90 looks to be working out really well!

3 Likes

Yes! Those new photos are awesome! Much better. So much cooler now that I can see it in good lighting. Glad you posted new ones.

1 Like

Holy where do I give you my money

1 Like

Alright. I think my favorite part is the feet, wings and his gigantic claw. I love the wings a lot, they look great folded up or spread, and give a bit more color, with the gray fading into black, it is very noticeable due to the lack of red. I like the claw as well, although it seems more pincer-y than youdā€™ expect. His foot design looks amazing, Iā€™d imagine you could probably put all sorts of kibble-y stuff in them. His hand design is also neat.

Does it look like heā€™s HOLDING his weapons?

1 Like

I like the aesthetic of this MOC. I can see a lot of work went into the torso design and augmenting Icaraxā€™s other features. Iā€™d like to see more pics demonstrating the mobility of the MOC. Most of these have him in a slouched back posture that gives the impression the thigh to hip connections canā€™t hold the weight of the torso and arms, and that the overal MOC mobility is rather limited. Idk if thatā€™s the case, which is why Iā€™d like to see more poses. The legs look awesome, I really like the beefy design. The hands are great! I love that they can hold weapons with moderate ease. Lastly, I really enjoy seeing MOCs with primarily g1 designs. There are very few visible ccbs/g2 pieces on this MOC, and they donā€™t create texture clashes or gappiness. It simply isnā€™t all that often I see a quality g1 themed MOC these days, and to see one is a real treat. My only gripes are that seeing your creativity with much of the torso and legs, Iā€™d really like to see a little more in the armor or weapons, and something about the way the head is mounted is a little off putting, but that one is a little more personal preference. Nice work, this is an awesome MOC!

1 Like

Haha, I see the animu stance now! Thatā€™s great.
I totally get the emphasis on keeping the weapons similar to the original. If you did want to make them a bit more complex though, I bet you could probably come up with a cool twist on Icaraxā€™s claw thingy thatā€™s normally in the middle of his double blade sword weapon.
On the note of classic g1 MOCs, my recent self MOC, Etherine, which I just got round to posting on the message boards today, is entirely g1 and definitely one of my better MOCs. Granted I did use a few g2/ccbs ball joint sockets because theyā€™re usually a bit sturdier, but what with the same function, those are essentially still g1.

1 Like

Nice! Good mobility for a titan MOC. Itā€™s always hard to get more than 90 on a knee that can retain the strength to stand, especially when trying to stay true to an original design like Icarax. Glad to see itā€™s got possibility, the extra photos really helped!

1 Like

It would be nice if the head wasnā€™t pointing down but instead forward or slightly angled down. That would give him some more dynamicness.

1 Like

Old version::ok_hand:
New Version: Very :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Lighting could be better but overall this is epic

1 Like

Not entirely black, having it be monochrome would be weird. Maybe keep some red, or use silver or gunmetal or some other neutral color.

1 Like

I like it, makes the blade a bit more interesting to me.

1 Like

holy, this is absolutely amazing! Great Job dude!

2 Likes

the back of the upper legs feel like they could use a metru red borok eye or two but this moc is still awsome

1 Like