Upgrade: Makuta Mellex

And here we go! I finally got around to completing the titanization of mellex’s legs, and I have to say (besides some coloration problems, and a lack of the proper ball joints) They came out fairly nice!

(Man, @Petrus really did get that sangheili-esque head design down well.)

16 Likes

I like how the lower jaw is done. The legs look unfinished though. The upper legs especially could really do with some armour on the front to cover all that technic.
The arms could do with being bulkier too. Right now they look very thin and spindly for such an otherwise chunky build.

3 Likes

While I can agree on the need for more armour on his upper legs, I currently can’t think of any pieces to put on said build (with my current part supply) that won’t either easily turn, be loose, or require potentially off/even more discolored areas.

With the arms, while I can agree that these ones are still too spindly, going by my choice of making him a ‘frailer’ Makuta in his bio (old topic) I have to say the concept of thinner limbs works for me.
Currently, my best idea for them is to upgrade his lower limbs for a more robotic/prosthetic look, and find some armour piece/s I can stick to his upper limbs. (Don’t know why, but I really like the build I used for them.)

As for the jaw, yeah, it’s awesome! Make sure to check out Petrus, he’s the one who made it! (Mellex’s old topic also has a link to it’s how to.)

Thanks for the cristicsm!

2 Likes

Wort wort wort XD
Jokes aside, I like the tall, thin look of this MOC. It really captures that G1 bionicle vibe for me, and I must comment you on a clever head design. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

While I do wish I could claim the head design as mine, unfortunately I cannot, all credit for that goes to Petrus.

Also, Ey! That’s awesome to hear that I actually managed to make a proper G1-esque build for this guy!

1 Like

I would add some armor on his upper legs. And I would also change the arms.

1 Like

I, unfortunately, have no idea what armour to put on that won’t spin or require a rebuild, when considering my part supply.

As for his arms, I’m planning to make his lower pair look more prosthetic, and putting some more armour to bulk out his upper arms.

2 Likes

I have an idea: you can attach two half pins on the side of the upper legs and ten put a hf armor attachment. I think a white gray villain core would work the best.

2 Likes

Hmmm… I suppose that could work, but I would prefer to keep him as G1 as able.

Also, can you show a picture of a villain core? I believe I’m thinking of the right pieces but I may be wrong.

1 Like

Is the piece from his chest.

1 Like

Oh, one of those… hmmm… I suppose such could work, I’ll see if I can’t find a G1 part first though.

1 Like

You found a good use for the head design nonetheless :smiley:
I look forward to seeing your future MOCs!

1 Like

the ‘frail’ idea is only in the arms though. everything else is fairly bulky.

Haha, thanks! But, at this point I don’t see too many more new mocs (not counting yet to be uploaded) due to my own current part supplies.

@BrokenAxels while yes, I can agree the arm should themselves are much to thin, for the most part his body design does carry a good level of fragility/litheness.
His torso is thin until it reaches his shoulders, where it widens, and before that it is quite tall.
His legs (discounting feet) also carry the same thin lankiness due to their length.

But yes, the arms need work.