Username Discussion Topic

Mippy Monopoly

4 Likes

I just really liked Karda Nui so… yeah, that’s where it came from…

2 Likes

because blue pandas are cool

2 Likes

I know right

3 Likes

4 Likes

@The_Blue_Panda Hey wasn’t your first username “bruh” with a picture of Thok?

3 Likes

how do you know

3 Likes

You replied to my rahaga bomanga topic and I distictly remember a person named bruh with a thok profile. I went back to it today and you were there.

2 Likes

Bruh > @The_Blue_Panda :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I used the name Lego David since I first opened my YouTube channel back in 2014 (because my name is David and I like LEGO duh). I was a dumb kid back then and couldn’t think of anything more fancy, so I stuck with that. Over time, I grew attached to this name, and ended up using it pretty much everywhere online.

I just made up a cool sounding name, and boom it’s my username. That’s it.
But I also searched the boards to make sure that it was original.

I broke down what I thought to be letter criteria for a cool name. Letters like K (or C), R, L, and T were all consistently good sounding. As a general rule, I stayed away from “high” sounds. Examples would be the i in hit, the Es in believe, and the A in plate. In my opinion, it takes more effort to say plate than plot, so I stayed away from those “high” sounds.

Eventually this process formed the word Krekilan, later changed to Krelikan, as I think it’s easier to say. Unfortunately I made this account before discovery one more handy rule for a good username, the two syllable rule. It’s self explanatory, but a good nickname will also suffice.

4 Likes

Ok, kreli.

2 Likes

Yeah, so… I like cows. Cow sounds, when transliterated to English, are “moo.” This rationale led me, upon creating my LEGO account many years ago, to this username. I kept it because it’s recognizable and fun, and I’m too lazy to come up with another one for anything LEGO-related.

Bonus MCR lore: Other, less common handles I use are “Vapor,” “Onepu,” and “Planchet.” The second is self-explanatory, the third is the name of my favorite character from The Three Musketeers, and the first comes from my LEGO Minifigures Online title, Thunder Vapor Falcon.

2 Likes

Nice to meet you, Chiara Marendar Orde.

5 Likes

um

Winger was a nickname I didn’t come up with. It was given to me by some of my old buddies on the Lego.com Star Wars Galleries, based off of my username there (b-wing2222. Chill, I was 11)

That’s since evolved into the occasional Whinger, and for a little bit, SolarClaptrap.

5 Likes

I am, In reality, No one in particular

5 Likes

Gil+(T)ahu. I think. It’s a Bionicle name my dad made up for me when I was five.

Hm… been using it for 20 years now as a username everywhere.

Man, time goes by…

6 Likes

Marzipan is a sweet I like, and also a really nice word, so…
Also, it’s rare, which I care about.

3 Likes

Cordax is a word I invented

1 Like