Vahara, Toa of Time

Ok, so the submission period for Legos contest is closed so I think it’s safe to post this now :shushing_face:

The idea behind Vahara was to create an avatar for the Vahi, in the same vein as Toa Ignika and Artakha.
I tried to give him a torso with design inspiration from the OG Toa Mata gearbox but allow for functional pistons and full waist articulation, as well as a gear motif inspired by clockwork to try and capture “Time personified”.
His right arm is used to channel his Time Energy and is fully mechanical because I thought: If his powers backfire and he accidentally ages his own limb, it’s going to be much easier to replace than his original biomechanical one, with weakened muscle and crumbling armour.
His staff doesn’t have too much thought behind it, I just went in with “Time Wizard” as one of my bullet point and a staff that can hold the Disk of Time seemed appropriate.

Thanks for reading! Hope you like it!
Now physically built!

Renders:

Turnaround:

36 Likes

@Atobe_Brick i didn’t know you had a self moc

Rest in pepperonis Atobe’s vahi avatar

Very nice moc you’ve got here, the torso construction is excellent!

4 Likes

hey, it’s a digital moc contest, why you submitted irl photos

Very impressive build, poses give me jojo vibes lol

2 Likes

There’s a lot to love here, from the mechanical design to the unique shape of the staff. Plus I always like it when a moc’s head is a different color from the rest of the body. Well done :ok_hand:

Good thinking

2 Likes

Dang. Can this be built irl? If so, could you provide a parts list?

3 Likes

I love the greebled look of this build. Especially the pistons protruding from the torso. The poses are also super impressive, they really make the character look dynamic.

3 Likes

Ooh this moc looks really cool! I especially like how mechanical and greebly it looks, as well as the staff and gears.

1 Like

hot ■■■■ this looks cool!
the detail and colors looks great!

2 Likes

That is such a cool weapon design!

2 Likes

Thank you all for the kind words!

In theory, I’ve only made this guy in Stud.io but the build should work and no painting required.

I’ll try and put a parts list together when I’m able :+1:

2 Likes

That reminds me…

Here’s two pictures of Vahara drawn by me in the last hour:

The first is him in a Ga-Metru Museum with some items made by Vakama. The other is Vahara fighting a Skrall and aging him with the Vahi.

5 Likes

These are amazing, I’m so flattered!

3 Likes

Thank you. I really like the body design you used! It is incredible. And it was an easier design for me to draw since you focused on the mechanical design, with less of the armor typically used on MOCs. I thought it would be nice to have him looking at some of Vakama’s handiwork, since his mask was made by the same guy.

2 Likes

words can not describe how cool this looks

2 Likes

So cool, those gears really give him a “clockwork” vibe. Definitely a suitable counter to Toa ignika

3 Likes

Here’s a link to the parts list:

And a link for the io file:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Vahara is now real

9 Likes

Perfect. Absolutely beautiful.

4 Likes

Ooh he looks really good! I quite like how the orange mask and disk stand out against the rather monochromatic build. Excellent job.

4 Likes