Vakama Hordika : Revamp

Decided to revamp this Toa design.
some set parts, some movie parts,
Heavy heavy SIC inspiration in this one

he got a bit of an upgrade.

Yes the feet are different, the originals were too small.

SURPRISE!

Giant fire-turbine launcher!

I found a use for jaller mahri’s chestpiece, and bulked him up.

so what do you think?

21 Likes

Reminds me a lot of the movie, good job :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s the best revamp of a Toa Hordika I’ve ever seen.

I never thought you could use one of the Jetrax T6 engines as I Rhotuka spinner.

3 Likes

Neither did I, but I tried it and just thought it was so over the top that I had to use it.

5 Likes

Never saw much of WoS so I can’t really compare. :confused:

However, I will say that the right arm looks very messy.

2 Likes

Chest is too wide and the right arm is too bulky. Other than that it looks great!

1 Like

I like to think of it as a “controlled explosion”,
besides, mutated "metal’ would look messy, it’s sort of meant to look like he mutated like “the thing”, so messy means I succeeded.

@Shaymin36
I wanted him to be bulkier than the original, because I always thought it was too lanky.

3 Likes

I dunno. I still think you could make it both mutated and aesthetically pleasing. :smiley:

That’s a pretty awesome spinner.

2 Likes

[quote=“Payinku, post:7, topic:3916”]
I wanted him to be bulkier than the original, because I always thought it was too lanky.
[/quote]I guess it’s the legs are just too thin.

2 Likes

just call that part of the mutation.

honestly, I just liked the lower leg design too much to not use it, and the piraka thighs looked nice.
but yeah he is a bit top heavy, also his legs are almost straight in the full body shot, they’re meant to be bent for a sort of gorilla look, that was my fault. in the on-all-fours pick they look better.

2 Likes

Eh, it’s fine. Good revamp, but abit bulky

I’d be invested to see you make a self moc or other kinds of mocs other then revamps

3 Likes

I have, HugeDomains.com
I lumped these because they were unnamed, and not the ones I wanted to give spotlights to, maybe the last one might get a topic with better pics but not the others.

and I’ll upload my self-moc(v1, v2 won’t happen untill I get the new kakama), probably tomorrow,
I’ve been uploading them slowly so they would last longer.

The legs really could stand to be bulked up a bit, but aside from that I like it.

2 Likes

If the messiness was intended, you certainly got the result you wanted. I’m just not sure how I feel about it. I do think it resembles the WoS version quite a bit though.

FACT: I have never actually let loose on critique on here. I don’t give my full opinions. They might be passed off as bullying :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I can see Vakama has been working out! No but seriously, super cool remake of Vakama Hordika. You manage to upgrade him immensely and still keep the Hordika feel. One little tiny tiny thing is the Orange piece in the middle of the chest but besides that he’s super epic.

Really epic moc and don’t forget to keep on mocing!

1 Like

I just wanted to break up the huge chunk of silver there, I could replace it with black or red, I just chose orange.

1 Like

I don’t think its much of a revamp. More like Hordika Vakama on steroids. Still a good moc though.

1 Like

Oh Makuta, why did you have to necropost and remind me of how cringey I was when I first joined the boards. :anguished:

Brb, gonna cleanse myself in the fires of karzahni.

thanks though.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

1 Like