Ven’s AMA

So awhile ago I remember asking If system MOCs could get on the MOC Spotlight, and you answered along the lines of: “Not now, but maybe soon.”
Do you plan on featuring system stuff on the MOC Spotlight?
(Also for context I’m more referring to system mechs, robots and etc than system structures)

1 Like

How do I become social?

1 Like

Can you fly?

1 Like

Hey Venom, how do you feel knowing the boards has a Carnage? cough me cough To my current knowledge at least. There could be other Carnages roaming the boards.

Back when I used to play PC games online a lot, my username would be NotoriousVen, but other players would refer to me in chat as “Notor”, “Notorious”, and in one hilarious occasion, “Nortious”.

wat

Vulture, Electro, Hobgoblin or Green Goblin (I know, it’s a bit soon, but I didn’t ask for him or Electro to be in Amazing Spidey 2, so we’re gonna pretend that movie didn’t happen), Chameleon, Mysterio, and Beetle.

My main reasoning is that these characters are all fairly underutilized in general and the general audience isn’t that familiar with them apart from the goblin and electro, so if the MCU were to include a Sinister Six, then there would be a lot of creative freedom that Marvel could take advantage of here and potential to make memorable characters.

From a practical sense, Vulture would be the tech guy working with Chitauri weaponry and the like as he is now, Electro would be the obligatory lab experiment gone wrong whose value is in his power (think of a tanky hero in some game you play), Hobgoblin/Green Goblin would act as a wild card capable of doing almost anything and causing mayhem, Chameleon would act as a psychological threat due to his ability to impersonate literally anyone, and I could see him taking on the more subtle tasks, Mysterio would play a fairly similar role but he’d be able to defend himself against higher powers, and beetle would basically be evil, flying batman.

As much as I would love to see a faithful Venom in a movie, I doubt it’s going to happen with the way the MCU is spinning things at the moment.

I’ve already started reviewing system based MOCs, slowly but surely.[quote=“Kopeke_Nuva, post:315, topic:6990, full:true”]
How do I become social?
[/quote]

Slowly but surely.

man i wish

Indifferent, if anything, just knowing that there has to be more than one to take me on just makes me feel more humble.

3 Likes

Your MCU Sinister Six is definitely interesting. Although, I think I’d have Kraven somewhere in the six. My ideal Sinister Six would be the OG one, but I dunno how Marvel would pull off a Doc Ock better than how Spider-Man 2 did it.

Going to @Mesonak this one for good measure.

Hey Ven, want to hear a joke?

How long have you been a part of ttv for?

what

I’ve talked to the guys since like, 2010? Technically earlier I guess, but I wasn’t officially a part of TTV until a year or two later.

2 Likes

Why do you like Venom and which version do you like?

The new Linkin Park single :stuck_out_tongue:

Could you make tutorials for your Mocs. I need to have your meso kahi and Eljay.

:]

Why did you give my Wah and WAA a MOC Spotlight when they were arguably garbage? (not that I’m complaining, of course, just curious)

How often do your MOC Spotlight contests occur?

And how many MOC Spotlights do you think you have done?

Eh, maybe. I still need to take pictures of them now, because I’ve actually updated all the mocs a bit since I first posted them.

Because I thought they were interesting. =p[quote=“Ghidora131, post:326, topic:6990”]
How often do your MOC Spotlight contests occur?
[/quote]

Every now and then, really just when I kinda feel like doing one.

Somewhere a bit above 100?

4 Likes

Did it cost you anything to display MOCs at Brickfair? I’m just wondering because I haven’t been to a LEGO Convention before, so I don’t know how that works.

I can’t remember how long ago you said it, but I remember you saying that you’d show Mesonak TF Animated. I just wanted to know how, because I’ve never been able to find it anywhere.

@Ven even if the year isn’t over, any good MOCcing experiences lately?

1 Like

Nope, all you have to do is register the MOCs you’ll have on display so they can prepare nametags for them. Getting your MOCs there and setting them up is up to you. I winged it completely.

We found some episodes online, most are actually on dailymotion, but proceed with caution- that site has no filters.

Not really, I haven’t worked on too many MOCs in a while. Simply because I don’t have the time for it nor the money to get more parts, so if anything, I work with whatever I’ve got in very small intervals. The most recent thing I did was redo my Arkham Knight styled batmobile made out of system. I don’t usually MOC with system stuff, and it showed because my original batmobile was terrible in terms of structural integrity, but it doesn’t hurt to practice.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll keep that in mind when I go to a LEGO Convention (hopefully Brickfair VA sometime in the future.)

I’ve got a whole bunch of WIPs that I finished recently, but I hate taking pictures as my camera is awful and I hate having to do a whole ton of editing afterwards to salvage them. Any recommendations?