Venom Movie

I’m liking it a lot more now. Venom’s design is amazing.

1 Like

Reminds me of Spider-Man 3. If there’s one thing that movie did right it was venoms design.

I love Venom. He’s my favorite Spider-Man villain, and probably a major reason I liked Spider-Man 3. In fact, the major complaint I have about that movie is Toby McGuire (am I spelling that right?).

This movie looks… interesting. I want to be excited, and I think I am deep down, but I am honestly hoping it does bad, so that Sony will lose a ton of money and be forced to give back Venom just in time for him to appear in the next Spider-Man movie at the time. Of course, that’s a really naive view and unrealistic wish, but it’s what I want to happen.

This movie has potential, and what would make me even more sure of my excitement is if the Life Foundation Symbiotes appear. The woman in the trailer I theorize to either be She-Venom (for a very short time before passing it on to Brock), or perhaps Scream. Who knows, maybe she’s Carnage, or completely irrelevant to the plot. The point is, I like Symbiotes, so the more, the better.

Also, are they pronouncing Symbiote wrong? I always thought it was “sim-bee-yote”, but she says “sym-bai-yote”… Is there even a confirmed way to pronounce it?

1 Like

I think it’s always been pronounced with a bee but the movie says it wrong. Either that or everyone’s wrong and it’s the second pronunciation.

2 Likes

I don’t know how I feel about it. I’m not sure I like how little Spider-man himself seems to be involved with this (wasn’t that kind of the point of Venom? That he was supposed to be a dark reflection of Spider-man? I mean, that’s why he is called Venom-he wanted to be the poison to Spider-Man) But on the other hand it doesn’t look like a terrible movie.

1 Like

OMG the trailer is awesome! I can’t wait to see the movie!

1 Like

Exactly! It’s like making a movie about Bizarro in a universe without Supernan.

1 Like

Writing looks bad. Doesn’t really understand that the symbiote and Eddie Brock (who is supposed to be less moral) are supposed to be equally dominant, not the symbiote trying to control him. Plus they pronounce “symbiote” wrong and saying “you work for bad people” is just cringy.

Love how Venom looks though.

1 Like

Alright, so here’s what I’ve been wondering: How will Lego acknowledge this movie, if at all?

Here are all of the possibilities:

1. (Least Likely) Lego makes one or two sets based off the movie, like with Homecoming and Doctor Strange. Seeing as the latest superhero movies made by Sony and Fox have next to no recognition in Lego sets, this is unlikely.

2. (Somewhat Likely) Lego simply makes a Venom minifig polybag like Electro from Amazing Spider-Man 2, or make it a Comic-Con exclusive like Sony’s Spider-Man.

3. Lego pulls a Deadpool and ignores it completely.

4. (What I really hope for) Lego pulls a Suicide Squad, and make sets with minifigures based off of characters from the movies, but does not straight-up label it “Venom”. Just think how cool an updated Venom or Carnage could be! Maybe even a Scream! (I’d buy that set very quickly if I had the money and the willpower to do it)

What do you guys think Lego will do? What do you want Lego to do?

3 Likes

As long as it’s not #2 I’m happy. I absolutely despise con exclusives and lego has a reputation to barely have enough to hand out hence the aftermarket prices. Plus I’ve rarely ever found any polybags in stores; I’ve still have yet to see any of the pod bags.

2 Likes

I’m assuming they’ll ignore it since it’s an R-rated film.

3 Likes

I think it looks great also@invader39 not neciserily but probably. I also really hope carnage or scream appears
And maybe a reference to toxin

1 Like

I would be excited if they weren’t going the horror/thriller route.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with that? For venom alone that’s a pretty good fit.

2 Likes

I don’t like horror movies

2 Likes

To be honest, the trailer made it seem like just a slightly darker superhero movie. I can’t imagine a horror movie where the protagonist is the scary part. I’m sure that there will be scenes meant to make Venom terrifying from the point of view of his enemies, but not the audience too much.

4 Likes

True. The trailer seems very dark though.

1 Like

I mean, it is rated R, so I would expect it to be dark.

2 Likes

Same! This is the first horror movie I actually want to watch, and if I do, it’ll also be the first.

As for the horror aspect, it took me a while to realize some of the shots with Scream (I’m just calling her that) and the other Symbiotes are actually a little frightening. That said, while am scared a little easily, I’m not scared of aliens, and I love Symbiotes, so I feel it’s going to be a little hard for me to find this scary!

2 Likes

That makes sense. I doubt it’ll all be scary but there’ll be some intense points

2 Likes