Ven's M.O.C. Spotlight | Discussion and Suggestions

Do you plan to build MOCs of your other co-hosts?

2 Likes

I must say that this is a great difference. A huge change. But I like it. The TTV mocs were a relatively rare thing. I actually had a hard time finding them. A new full series about them, and probably other characters from the respective universe (if you decide to do so, I don’t think the Wendigo is meant to be part of the universe) is a great idea! I was looking forward for such a series for a long time (and for a stop motion series).
The Venom 2.0 is a good moc, however I find the lower legs to be too thin and the bright blue to be too rare, but it is a very cool build, much better than the original. I can’t wait to see more revamps for the others!
There is also one question that popped into my mind: what is Venom meant to be as a species? I always compared him to a Toa of Water, Lightning, etc, but most probably you have other plans for him.
And also…

Yes. Mocist is the correct term.

1 Like

So does this mean you won’t be spotlighting other people’s builds anymore?

1 Like

I will actually continue to spotlight other creations. I might actually introduce a new format for that though, just to keep things fresh and hopefully more interesting to watch.

5 Likes

Neat!

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: W.I.P. Prototype E7 MOC

New Spotlight is up today!

Going back to reviewing community MOCs this go around, but with a twist! Multiple MOCs per video! What do you guys think?

12 Likes

So your going to pull a Ben Cossy type of deal here?

In the future, I would recommend doing a single full on video of a particular MOC if that creation has alot to talk about (oversize, army build, parody, etc.), just like your older video.

3 Likes

Funny you should say that, I thought that that was a Ben Cossy video. Never registered that it was a moc spotlight until I saw this topic. I’m off to watch it😛

1 Like

More of a MOC showcase now than a spotloght. not complaining though, multiple MOCs was the new format I was hoping for. I liked the spotlight because it showed off exeptional builds with the insights of another MOCist, multiple builds works well with that.

I like the new format a lot. Keeps things neat while still managing to juggle multiple creations.

I honestly don’t know who that is.[quote=“Square, post:24, topic:46578”]
In the future, I would recommend doing a single full on video of a particular MOC if that creation has alot to talk about (oversize, army build, parody, etc.), just like your older video.
[/quote]

I might actually do that if I feel that I have a lot to say about a MOC. It’ll really depend on how long the recording goes.

That’s basically what I had in mind. Glad you guys think it works overall!

1 Like

He’s a guy that’s been in Biotube for years. He does the Bionicle Inspirations series, where he uses three mocs to provide ideas for a particular area of mocing. They’re worth a watch; they’ve given me a ton of ideas. I’m pretty sure he’s on the boards, now that I think about it.

@Ven
He’s a pretty cool bio-mocer.

@Spectretooth
YEah, he is.

Ahh. I could see the confusion there. I’ve never familiarized myself with the “Biotube” community much, so I really would not have known. Heck, people gave me flack for not knowing who Shadowgear was for the longest time, so I guess I’d better do a bit more research, lol.

In any case, the difference between my content and his would be consistency and intention. While he apparently focuses on making examples out of MOCs to influence a particular subject, I will continue to leave MOC Spotlight broad without any focus asides from showcasing the creative side of the community. I intend to make the show as varied as possible, so I hope I can make that as apparent as possible going forward.

Heck, even if it means taking some notes from Biotubers such as Ben Cossy, I might go ahead and do that.

6 Likes

Showcasing multiple MOCs is definitely better, but like Square said, doing episodes with only one MOC is still not a bad idea depending on the MOC.

I am also glad that you showed MOCs from less popular builders, who regularly wouldn’t get the spotlight. In other words, it was nice to see MOCs that I’d never seen before, from builders I’d never seen before.

Just time to start pumping out more episodes :wink:

1 Like

I’m so late to the show RN glad to see the moc spotlight back

It would be nice if you still rated the Mocs with numbers, even if it would be way more objective.

But it would I’d rather you go more in depth with each moc.

I really REALLY appreciate your awesome and kind words about my MOC. I was exceptionally thrilled when I saw this video posted. Made my year. Thank you. Great entire video!

3 Likes

I’m glad you liked it! You deserved it, buddy. I hope to make a similar impression on other great creators such as yourself. :smile:

4 Likes