Waiting

I am waiting. Turaga Vakama told me to wait. He did not tell me it would be this long.l

Kapura stood as still as a statue, his mind lost deep within his thoughts. To a casual observer, it would seem like the Matoran was not even breathing. A slight snapping sound pierced the air, and the Ta-Matoran spun around. Standing before him was Jala, who had an irritated expression upon his golden Hau.

“What exactly do you think you’re doing?” He asked angrily.

“I am waiting.” Kapura stated.

“Oh, ok then, you were waiting. It’s all good then.” said Jala sarcastically.

Kapura stared blankly at the captain of the guard. “What is it you desire?” He asked.

“I want you to do your job! I’m sick and tired of finding you like this. Do you not understand that we’re at war?”

But Kapura was no longer paying attention, he had turned his face upwards, distracted by some unseen force.

“Are you even listening to me?” Jala asked.

“The winds of change are blowing. They bring with them destiny.” Kapura said. “Our long wait is at an end.”

Jala shook his head and turned to leave. “Whatever. Whenever you’re ready to help, you know where to find me.”

Kapura smiled as Jala retreated, and he returned to his thoughts.

he does not understand. He will. The Toa are here. Change is imminent.

Please leave your thoughts and critiques below. Any input is appreciated.

13 Likes

Feels a bit short, but still made me have the nostalgic feels.

I felt like this story was going to delve deeper into Kapura’s power of teleportation, but it took a different route instead.

Awesome! but I disagree with @Chronicler …it is short because the people in it are short too.

6 Likes