Was 2009 on par with 2001?

I really enjoyed 2009. A new world with new mysteries, and I loved it. Like 2001, the sets had a welcoming feel, they were colorful, vibrant. So what if it was the Inika-build still, I never really cared about how sets were built. The story was pretty cool, and the movie was nice (I personally feel that it is more understandable than the first three). But we were never given more time with this world. 2010 was supposed to be the element lords AND IT COULD’VE BEEN AMAZING!!!

7 Likes

09 is one of my favorite years. When I got into bionicle that was what I had. Then I started looking into the earlier years and was like “what the heck is this?”. I like all the years a hole lot now though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I wasn’t a fan of the setting or the location. The sets and the giant robots looked great, though. Unfortunately I stopped collecting LEGO sets just as the final wave started, so I only got Zesk.

4 Likes

I loved 09. Much better than 2001.

1 Like

I would have liked '09 if it weren’t for broken balljoints. That’s literally what I think of every time I think of that year. :confounded:

6 Likes

2009 was where almost a dead toy line lets go back let’s go back to the old days.

3 Likes

Personally, I liked 2009 as a concept and for its style. I did not like the story. They had the right characters, the right set up, but the whole thing with Mata-Nui was just… large outward sigh

I liked the feel of the year more than the story.

2001 was pretty spot-on. It had the right amount of mystery, the right amount of excitement, and the right characters the story was well done, and I even like the color.

OMG if you don’t get the Indiana Jones reference get out

6 Likes

…ok… :pensive:

walks to the exit

6 Likes

2009 needed more Gresh. Aside from that, I think that the animation for TLR was really good.

3 Likes

Just realized this, but i liked 2009 more because the sets were ok not great, but it used inika build and provided nice recolors like ackars chest piece.

1 Like

Ackar’s chest piece was orange on Pohatu on the Rockoh-T3. A recolor was on Gelu, when it appeared in white.

1 Like

If you look very closely you can see Pohatu’s chest piece is orange, and Ackar’s is red-orange.

I have both of them. They’re the exact same.

5 Likes

Dude, they’re exactly the same. Orange is the same color in all of the BIONICLE sets. They haven’t changed that color at all.

3 Likes

I feel like 09 is kind of like how Okotoverse is starting out. It had potential for a lot, but LEGO never capitalized on it. If they did, it may have been as 01.

4 Likes

They should have cap italized on 2009. It was a good year, with a lovable story.

And Mata Nui

1 Like

Actually, they kinda did. :stuck_out_tongue:

2009-ish was the time LEGO changed their colour moulding process. As a result many colours (including orange) varied slightly from batch to batch. It’s entirely possible that Matoro got a darker-shaded chest piece on his own Ackar.

1 Like

He’s referencing the pictures, which are the same shade of orange. It could be the difference in the background, and a mental over-compensation for implied lighting. (I forget the term, but it’s a type of optical illusion.) But for me, all of the pieces I’ve gotten from the time area have been the same color, and I’ve gotten tons of lots.

Granted, that could all have been luck.

I still stand by what I said, they’re the same color chest pieces.

2 Likes

I liked it but the whole years story felt rushed or not as good as 2001.

1 Like