What colour is Tahu's armour now?

So, I found out very recently that the Adaptive Armour does not change colour, which in turn got me wondering about Tahu’s current state given his unique circumstances.

Presumably, his armour changed from dark red and silver to bright red and orange because he was altered by the Kanohi Ignika, but now that he no longer wears the Golden Armour and is once again in his adaptive gear, would his armour once again be the dark red and silver combo, or does he remain bright red and orange?

Minor point, I know, but I’m curious nonetheless.

2 Likes

Sorry, this is my guress. :cry:

Pohatu’s color change from brown to orange is due to the adaptive armor, in other words if he didn’t wear the armor he wouldn’t have turned orange.
Referring to this fact, I believe that no matter what color the wearer is, the armor tends to adopt only one color that matches the basic color of the person, and the rest tends to be silver or gray.
In other words, in my opinion, Tahu currently looks dark red and silver or gray.(Maybe)

1 Like

I’d say he’s Tahu-colored.

2 Likes

He was never out of it:

When taken together with this source, it seems like the Ignika made changes to the Adaptive Armor in addition to Tahu himself, and that those changes included the colour.

Since the Ignika has not turned Tahu back into a Toa Nuva (and probably never will), the Adaptive Armor would retain any changes made to it, so he would still be Mata red and orange.

5 Likes

I choose to take Greg’s answer of “The Ignika could have transformed him back” as “it may have done so,” rather than “it was capable of doing so.” And I further choose to interpret it as “it did so,” because leaving him un-Nuva’d is just…ugh. But thank you for your answer.

And yeah, I know. What I meant was that it is once again active / it’s all he’s wearing. Perhaps I should have said " he is once again in just his adaptive gear."