What condition do you like your Lego collection to be in?

I either buy my sets new or in excellent condition, build them and display them on a soft mat so the feet don;t get scratched. My collectibles such as Krana and Kanohi are kept in new condition, by sealing them in plastic bags and gently storing them.

It gets annoying being so pedantic, but I’ll thank myself later.

What condition do you like your Lego collection to be in?

1 Like

I usually buy the sets used in ok/good condition. Sealed sets are sooo ridiculously expensive on eBay, and I can’t afford them.
I prefer displaying them and cleaning them up frequently, without playing with them that much.Can’t satisfy the hunger for play with Bionicles of my little brothers though…

1 Like

When little kids come over, my room is off limits! Shame it isn’t possible with family :gregf:
Once my mum knocked over a Marvel Legend figure, and it’s waist broke

1 Like

I usually go for used sets and collectibles since its cheaper and can sometimes be bought in bulk. The only big issue with this tho is that pieces break or are in bad shape and needs replacing.

Also another thing to note is that most of the sets and stuff I have is from my childhood so many pieces have gotten lost/broken over the years but I’m working on getting those parts once more tho.

1 Like

New or near-new.
Just because it’s better quality.

1 Like

That pushes the price ten times higher.

2 Likes

I usually get sets off of amazon, so not really.

1 Like

when buying a set i tend to buy it in store. being that i usualy buy sets for parts i’m not that careful when displaying them. putting them on edges of crowded shelves or tables or just on the floor. and once i am done with the set then into the colour sorted bins they go. i don’t really care about srcratches but cut/broken pieces are the thing i’d like to not do but when pieces do break i tend to keep them in the Collection anyways.

2 Likes

Prices on amazon aren’t always that great honestly.

3 Likes

Yeah, but usually I can find the set i want for a good price.

2 Likes

Exactly. If you strongly are for sealed sets only, I would rather recomand BrickLink. I was shocked to see how low prices for sealed sets were! I could find a set I want sealed on BrickLink for less than it’s original price!

3 Likes

Exactly! I found a $2 sports set that would’ve retailed for much, much more!

1 Like

I do any condition really

Damaged pieces can be replaced if the item is cheap

1 Like