What do you do with the Bionicle sets that you buy?

You collect them? You play with them? If you use their pieces for a Moc. What is what you do with that Moc?

Mostly these two.

I collect them and… well I don’t really play with them more so mess with the functions and pose them on my shelf.

I collect and display them, occasionally playing with them a bit, and after several months use them for MOCing. And I display my MOCs, I don’t play with them.

I display them and get occasionally caught playing with them.

1 Like

I put them on display in my bedroom, and sometimes I play with them.

I sniff them.

I stare at them every day when I wake up, to remind myself that one day it will be socially acceptable to wear Kanohi in public.

1 Like

I buy them.

I drool over the box until I get them home and open them.

I dump the pieces.

I build the set.

I stare at the set for hours.

I play with the set.

I display the set.

Come back a day or so later and decide I don’t like how it looks.

I mod the set.

It stays on my shelf for eternity.

2 Likes

Collect and display and maybe some playing. I don’t moc with any of my sets.

I tear them apart and use their body parts to create an army.

in other words

1 Like

I have no room to collect constraction figures so I have to scrap them for parts.

1 Like

At this point i’m running out of space so i’m contemplating selling some of them to get extra cash for the newer sets :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I used to keep the completed model built and slap it on to a shelf, but most of my constraction sets have now been broken apart and thrown into sorted bins.

1 Like

In order:

Build the sets
Display them
Mod them
Take pictures of the Mod’s I like
Then scrap them for parts

Though I may keep 2016 Ekimu together. He really isn’t good for anything…

Buy, build, mod, display, break. Then I’ll come back every so often and rebuild and display it for a while before I get bored of it. The only CCBS set that has stayed built is General Grievous, and I’m hoping Umarak the Destroyer will also fill that role (when modded).

1 Like

All of the above. With G2, my pattern has been: buy, build, play around with the sets for a few weeks, then start using their parts. The 2015 Toa probably stayed together the longest any wave of sets I have ever purchased, simply because I was too attached to them as the first wave of new BIONICLE sets that I couldn’t take them apart. The Uniters didn’t ladt nearly as long, but I’ll reassemble them when I get the Summer Sets so I can view them all together…

As for MOCs, before I started taking pics of them, I mostly built them for fun and played around with them a bit, before disassembling them. I have a pretty good visual memory, so I wanted to remake them, I probably could.

1 Like

Already a topic:

http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/what-kind-of-fan-are-you-moccist-or-collector/784

5 Likes