What do you want to see in Bionicle 2015

A continuation would be awesome!

I think prequel should be an option, thatā€™s one of the two biggest ideas floating around in my head.

But out of those options I honestly think itā€™s a continuation, a reboot would destroy continuity.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like a reboot. It should be completely accessible yet have a few minute references to G-1 only die-hard fans would get.

2 Likes

Soft Reboot would be great. ~Pyrox

I would want a continuation simply because I want to see the serials concluded. But in itself thatā€™s a pretty selfish desire and I think that it should be a reboot.

Iā€™ll settle with Kahi and Eljayā€™s collab conclusion of the story. Canā€™t wait.

3 Likes

I would love a soft reboot. I think it would be nice to still have some of the story instead of having to get rid of EVERYTHING that LEGO has been building on for 10 years.

1 Like

I said soft, but Iā€™m really not sure, TBH. Thereā€™s so many positive and negative points with all three options that I canā€™t possibly choose yet. I guess Iā€™ll just be happy with whatever the Lego company gives us.

Thatā€™s a good perspective to have. 90% of the time, when people are disappointed in something new, itā€™s because itā€™s different than they expected/wanted, and not because itā€™s actually bad.

3 Likes

Continuation. The story never really had an ending. Yeah, Teridax was killed, but there were so many intricacies and questions left unanswered. I donā€™t think these could be answered in a serial without an anticlimax.

The reason reboots are better in things like Transformers & Comics is because a) They tend to happen fairly consistently, so they could be expeced b) They tend to be episodic, and if there are story arcs then those are still pretty self-contained c) When they are story driven, then they tend to have a satisfying ending.

Remember the Devil May Cry reboot? Besides the fact that it wasnā€™t that good, people also didnā€™t like it because it decreased the likelihood of an actual DMC 5. A reboot of BIONICLE would decrease the chances of us ever seeing Velikaā€™s true motives, or TSOā€™s true plan coming to fruition, or evil space spy Ackar!

5 Likes

Hard reboot through and through. However it will need to draw heavily from the inspiration that gave Bionicle itā€™s speacial quality. I want Lego to pull an OOMN on us. Throw us back into a world that we may discover all over again.

2 Likes

Soft reboot errday. Everyone wins! Newer fans get a whole new story to experience, in which no prior knowledge is needed, and we get small references to the past!

Think of it like Legend of Korra, References are still made to ATLA, but itā€™s a whole new story, in a far away time.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve just come to the conclusion that the best way for Lego to create a new story without destroying continuity, and pleasing new and old fans alike, would be a prequel.

We get a new story for ourselves, and the new people get a new story as well, itā€™s a win-win.

1 Like

I think this could work, buuuutā€¦since we know the Toa Mata are going to be featured, and we already know almost all of their back-story, I donā€™t think this is likely. :-/

But a prequel can only go so far before it reaches the starting point of where we left off.

If LEGO did that I canā€™t imagine weā€™d be seeing BIONICLE going for another 10 years.

5 Likes

Thereā€™s 100,000 years of Bionicle history, and we only (ha, ā€œonlyā€) covered a thousand in the first ten years (and only two or three in detail). Although, the ones we did cover in detail seem to have been unusually eventful. If it were a prequel (which Iā€™m 99% sure it wonā€™t be), I wouldnā€™t put it past the story team to dream up some way to allow a prequel to last 10+ years, though it would be difficult, and might end up straining credibility to make the new story fit with established canon.

1 Like

Why is there not a ā€˜prequelā€™ option? Just kidding, by the way.

I have to go with Soft Reboot. It truly is the best of both worlds.

1 Like

Well I know it would be hard to pull off, I just canā€™t imagine them scrapping and rebooting such a wonderful universe, with so much left to explore.

I mean, imagine how difficult it would be to follow ā€˜original canonā€™ and ā€˜new canonā€™ if that makes sense. One would contradict the other, and I feel like it would be a sloppy mess for everyone who knows the current story.

4 Likes

Soft reboot would be perfect. Itā€™ll make perfect sense to us, but accessibly enough for newbies.

3 Likes

I think this would be my answer as well. Iā€™d like a hard reboot, but very heavily inspired by the old mythology. They could even remove the GSR this time to mix things up, but keep the same universe logic.

1 Like

I definitely can imagine that, and I sincerely hope thatā€™s what happens to it. Really, the best parts of Bionicle have to do with the franchise as a concept, as an atmosphere. Lego just needs to adhere to the principles that made the original years work out so well, and everything will turn out for the better.

5 Likes