What does the community think about the large amount of translucent parts in G2?

It is a bit overused, but trans bones work well to differentiate Bionicle from HF, it’s even something they had back in G1 days. Like I said, it is a bit overused, but I still think they’ve managed to make it work.

I like them but feel like they shouls only be used for bones even though I do enjoy the shells

Personally I love the translucent parts. Why couldn’t G1 have more of these parts? I feel that the translucent parts add MOCing potential to G2. Now we just need Trans-yellow shells and limbs and everything will be perfect. Get working on it Lego

I like the trans colors, but only when they make sense to be used.

Perfect example of LEGO doing it wrong: Quake Beast.

Now it’s not the crystal that bothers me, it’s the wheel piece in his function. Why is that trans green? There’s no need, it kills the look and it’s useless. It’s part of the function, and it sticks out like a sore thumb when it’s made trans-green for no reason, and especially so when there’s red and brown axles shoved into it.

I feel trans should exclusively be used to show elemental energy, either in the bones or in some shells, and also in the eyes.

Also:

Unless this is an avatar body made of pure energy like I really hope it is, there’s no reason for half the trans pieces on Ekimu either.

2 Likes

I’m not transphobic, I like the trans sets. However, I think it is done a bit to much. It’s like they have an agenda or something.

2 Likes

WAAAY to many translucent pieces
they also cost way more money

I like to think of trans pieces as like Wonder Woman’s Invisible jet, at times it looks good and is totally worth it. But at other times, it can be painful.

Trans parts=bad 99% of the time

There’s too much trans, enough that most of half the toa basically lost their primary colors or it was put in as minimum and not that noticable.

3 Likes

I’ve always liked translucent pieces. It looks cool and I am glad we have them used more.
But comeback of the keet-orange would be cooler T_T

Not enough differently coloured translucent pieces, they always release the same old boring common colours. Where is Dark Pink, or White, or Dark Green, or Yellow…

2 Likes

^^^^^^^^

1 Like

To be honest, I like Translucent colors. But I will agree that Lego might be drowning the sets in cool translucent bits.

1 Like

Doesn’t exist.

Last seen with IFB mechs.

Last seen with HF 3.0.

Last seen on Narmoto.

I like trans. The only thing I dislike is TahUniter.

Yeah, thats why I mentioned it.

Talking about Bionicle.

Same, talking about Bionicle, plus it wasnt as wide spread as it should have been.

It wasnt a pure trans yellow piece, so it barely counts.

8 Likes

Trans pieces are love, Trans pieces are life

Trans pieces are gud but not when over used when not needed