What Grinds Your Gears?

what if i don’t own the house

1 Like

Hey everyone just drove past @Enbeanie house

Also, since I’m at the grocery store, standing in the middle of aisle ways and doorways grinds my gears as well

1 Like

People who pick up a rubik’s cube, mess it up, and then leave it.

1 Like

6 Likes

I dislike when people keep asking me their question after they’ve finished asking their question

You don’t have to justify the question you just gotta shut up and let me talk now. The answer is I don’t know and you’re asking the wrong person

2 Likes

two words:

watermarked
gifs

a little transparent logo in the corner of the gif completely ruins its intent, especially if that intent is comedic

now, I can understand watermarking an image; it’s meant to protect it and prevent excessive sharing. The problem with doing this to gifs is that the entire purpose of a gif is to be shared, usually adding to or replacing simple text

5 Likes

I’m in the middle of watching TLoK myself (halfway through Book 4: Balance) and from what I’ve heard Korrasami came completely out of left field. And I’m not surprised because it’s been weird. The first episode of Book 3: Change pretty clearly forces Korrasami to happen (Korra even says “girlfriend” at one point during her and Asami’s drive scene), and then it’s never picked up again during book 3. I have yet to start the Zaofu battle episode, and Korra still hasn’t returned to Republic City yet, which implies that any relationship building is going to be shoehorned into the 8 remaining episodes.

2 Likes

But in that scene, Korra is commenting on how she’s never had friends who were girls to do stuff with. Not that she’s never had a girlfriend in the romantic sense. Even if she did though, nothing about their relationship is in any way different from the last season, nor will it be.

4 Likes

society

4 Likes

We do in fact live in one.

6 Likes

People who think LGBT folk are “brainwashing the kids”

6 Likes

Anyone who actually brainwashes kids

5 Likes

Anyone who is mad at you for disagreeing with popular opinion because your reasons aren’t particularly common (ie. not stereotypical reasons, or ones people commonly expect) and are thus hard to actually argue against.

Also, the design of self-checkout registers so that the PLU codes on produce can’t be rung up, and generate an error message that requires an attendant to remove. That and the lack of customer-friendly text used on menus on most office machines, because it just makes everything harder for users.

4 Likes

People acting like they are experts on topics that they know literally nothing about and then act like the actual experts are stupid.

6 Likes

Math websites that have extremely specific answer formats that aren’t used in example problems.

2 Likes

People over complicating things, or trying to add nuance to something that’s a definitive

5 Likes

Sometimes my folks won’t say a word to me the entire time I’m in the same room as them, and the moment I move into the doorway to go do something somewhere else they start a conversation

That’s a gear grinder for me

3 Likes

People in general grind my gears

I’m actually done with people
I was talking with my friend and simply stated my opinion (after he had stated his opinion rudely and unsympathetically many times before) and he decides to called me an idiot, some other uncensored stuff and blocks me. After months of trying to talk to him via other friends and taking hours writing essays on how I’m sorry (even though I shouldn’t be) he says “he doesn’t want to associate with me.” He has been such a jerk to me, but when I state my opinion it seems as though I did something wrong. I guess I don’t even want him as a friend anymore

I’m sick of people, friends, and all of the above.
At least I have my cat

5 Likes

I’m sorry your friend lacks dynamic communication skills or the emotional fortitude to survive a dissenting opinion

Praise be to Citrus the Cat for out-performing human sapience

4 Likes

That is no friend who blocks you like that. I hope that anyone else who befriends you will be a better person, one who is not so intolerant of others’ opinions.

3 Likes