What happened to All insane Kids?

…What? Are they even a real band?

I know that they have a Facebook page and one of their posts say that they haven’t been together making songs for 5,6 years and that post was in 2012 so what about 2006 or 2007 they were still a band then why weren’t they making songs for Bionicle?

Because that’s when Lego was developing Cryoshell to replace AIK

WOW I JUST FOUND ON YOUTUBE A GUY WHO KNOWS HOW TO PLAY HERO.
Its really choppy and the lighting sucks but its the song without the vocals, I think I may have found it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcmjpSqz7Zc He also said “this isn’t a song I have done in a while”.

1 Like

Not alone

you are not alone

2 Likes

That kid looks like he’s

insane

4 Likes

Listened to both and I have to say, despite sounding kind of dull and empty, I liked Caught in a Dream more than Hero.

Both are cool though.

That pun though.

Goes* posts*

Grammar, mate. Learn to use it :wink:

I think that the band itself was merely around to make BIONICLE songs, then was basically disbanded when Cryoshell came along.

2 Likes

They went insane.

5 Likes

I tried to Google “All Insane Kids” to see what happened to them, and the first result is this topic.

Kind of sad. I like both of their songs. Very nostalgic.

8 Likes

They’re just kinda gone… It is really sad

they went onto produce music that was inappropriate for small children and thus lego distanced themselves. look up all insane kids on iTunes. in fact, iTunes only has 2 of their songs and theyre clean veersions

6 Likes

i really wanna know what happened to this band, along with Edsim and Mahlta

1 Like

Who again?

1 Like

The ones who did Face Me.

2 Likes

Ooooohh, I haven’t really listened to “Face me” much so I didn’t know…

1 Like

This is what happened with me. I tried to do some digging, looking for names, references, but with little luck. Their facebook page appears to be fanmade; the logo is literally made in crayon and the youtube links to a guy called Raptor Roth, who was mentioned earlier in the topic.

BS01 does provide some names, although no sources are given.

In 2005, a pair of songs were released on the official BIONICLE website. The tracks - “Hero” and “Caught in a Dream” were written and produced by Morten Krog Helgesen and performed by the band All Insane Kids, commonly abbreviated to AIK, with vocals by Christian Bastian.

While it’s clear they were formed and disbanded by LEGO, it can also be assumed that they were Danish in origin. Morten Krog Helgesen is a Danish name, AIK was commissioned by LEGO - Danish company, and Cryoshell is also a danish band. Furthermore, some of the lyrics seem a bit awkward, like english wasn’t their primary language. This is more apparent in the demos which had slightly different lyrics that were corrected in the official versions.

“To grow up and strong and redo wrong.”

"Is my senses my playing a trick on me? "

I also looked up some of the other bands whose songs were used. While All American Rejects and Daughtry are relatively known bands, Presence, whose song “Ride” was played during TLR’s closing credits, are mostly unknown. Researching them is a bit difficult as there are several unknown bands also called “Presence,” [but I did find an article discussing them.] (http://www.artistdirect.com/artist/bio/presence/1595051) The band, however, appears to have disbanded. [Their latest album,] (https://www.discogs.com/Presence-Presence/release/8102863) which also contained “Ride,” was released in 2007, two years before TLR and way too long to still be active.

Interestingly, BS01 says Presence is a Canadian band, but the sources I found says the’re from Florida. My sources could be wrong but BS01 didn’t list any citations.

Now that’s settled, only one great mystery is left. Who. Made. Piraka. Rap. It’s one of BIONICLE’s most (in)famous songs but no names are attached to it. Which may be for the best, really.

10 Likes

TBH, I thought that the singer sounded like the guy who sang the Jimmy Neutron theme, Just me?

I’m sure it was done by All Insane Kids or maybe the musicians Lego uses for their games and other media. Biomedia says it was made by “The Lego Group” so the latter seems more likely.