What happened to Bionicle Autopsy?

Bionicle Autopsy was arguably one of my favorite shows of the TTV Channel. I think it was actually the first show I started to watch. I loved it, until the episodes stopped to be made.
I understand that the series was going to remain without subjects (cough Because Bionicle died again. cough). However… The last episode was released 20 of December, 2015, almost one whole year before the cancellation was confirmed.
So why? Why was the show canceled? I understand that a Bionicle Autopsy series may be doomed from its very beginning (because it would remain without ideas for the episodes after a few weeks) but could there at least be a Lego Autopsy? I really enjoyed @IllustriousVar’s way of making these episodes and I would love to see them back.

1 Like

They take a long time to make because Var has to come up with an idea to theme each video around, formulate his thoughts on the subject, and write out a script for it instead of the loose style of most TTV videos. Then he has to edit the script, record it, and edit the video (which takes longer than editing almost other videos because it isn’t about a specific news topic or LEGO set).

If a lot of time was put into cleanly editing an episode I’m sure it would do well considering the popularity of video essays and all of the Bionicle nostalgia videos people have been making recently, but Var would need a good discussion topic and motivation to complete the video.

3 Likes

An autopsy is done to find out how someone died. So Var must have found out how Bionicle died by now. Problem solved.

3 Likes

Var said on The Eljay Johnsen Show that he has a couple good ideas for new autopsies, but they require him to be in a certain mood, and he has trouble finding that mood.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity: how long ago was this?

Three weeks ago.

1 Like

I just don’t like Bionicle as much as I used to, and finding the motivation to put that much effort into a video about something I don’t really care for is extremely difficult to do.

4 Likes

Well, the Ninjago Autopsy has started recently… They are already at the second episode.

I know. I’m watching it.

1 Like