What if Disney bought Bionicle?

Imagine if he’s just a regular bipedal dude who simply prefers to walk around on all fours, lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

good

4 Likes

Well this’d be the last thing I expected to be @'d in xD

Though really, if there’s anyone I’d rather never touch Bionicle, it’d be Michael Bay :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Exactly this is the best way to do it.

I was just saying that, unlike the Mata Nui Saga, a live-action Bara Magna Saga is plausible.

I didn’t necessarily say that was the best way to do it.

But whatever is done, is it important that Spherus Magnans be recognizable as organic mammals; this is something that both the sets and the movie failed to show.

I think the key difference is the eyes. Any animated Matoran Universe inhabitant would hopefully have the Miramax-style eyes, so giving the Spherus Magnans human-like eyes would be a huge step in differentiating the two.

They don’t necessarily have to be photorealistic eyes, but the glowing eyes from the movie won’t cut it.

2 Likes

As a matter of fact, he is!
“Tarduk uses his forelimbs as extra legs, giving him an animal-like appearance. He is adventurous, curious, and brave. He is also an avid treasure lover and historian, believing that the things he discovers can give great insight into the past.” - Tarduk - BIONICLEsector01

I completely agree! Though, I also think it’d be cool if the whites of their eyes were different colors.

3 Likes

Beware of the moderators. Here double-posting can be fatal. Use the @ feature like this:

@GX_05 bla bla bla

@Ehlektronix bla bla

3 Likes

My mistake! I only saw the second thing I wanted to comment on after I published the first one. I’ve merged them and discarded one of the two.

2 Likes

So, it’s been over a month;- when’s the full-cast trailer gonna drop?

9 Likes

NO WAY
CHECK THE LOWER LEFT CORNER
THEY GOT ELJAY TO PLAY LEWA

9 Likes

:eyes: Maybe… it’s yet to be confirmed

A leaked behind-the-scenes image has surfaced on the internet. It seems to suggest that Kongu will be played by former president Barrack Obama…

11 Likes

But the real question is:
Who’s the guy next to him?

3 Likes

I think something more like the rejected Green Goblin mask/face effects from the original Spider-Man would work better than Avatar-esque CGI for Spherus-Magna Natives, and anyone else, really.

Actually, even more than the Glatorian, I think this makeup/prosthetics method would be amazing for Ignition movies, since so many of the characters have semi-organic features. Something like this honestly is a film goal of mine.

7 Likes

That is simultaneously legitimately terrifying and a basically perfect live-action adaptation of comics Norman (which leads one to wonder why they didn’t stick with it :thinking:).

I legitimately would like to see this pulled off in film in a way that successfully captures non-human characters in an even more realistic-looking way than CGI (although, could it be argued that CGI has come to such a realistic caliber at this point in time that (provided one has access to the computer tech used to make the MCU) this type of special effect would look less realistic by comparison?).

3 Likes

Apparently they thought this Green Goblin design would be too intense for kids, so they used the Power Rangers mask instead.

3 Likes

Huh.
Whilst I see that point, I would argue that he was still pretty dang intense even with the helmet (Dafoe’s picture has to be under the entry for “terrifying” in a dictionary somewhere).
At the very least, having an alternate cut released on video where they had Gobbie in his comic-accurate look would’ve been appreciated.

3 Likes

Well, it’s considerably less creepy than what they did with Doc Ock and Venom in the subsequent movies. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I personally see Ock as a less intense villain than Gobbie; sure, the arms were more alien-looking than a plastic mask, but between the ways the two acted, Norman was definitively scarier than Otto.

3 Likes

What if Disney bought your soul?

3 Likes

You operate under the assumption that I have a soul.

3 Likes

Soon. SOON!
ALL OF OUR SOULS EILL BE SACRIFICED TO THE MOUSE GOD!

Soon. SOON OUR SOULS WILL REJECT OUR WORTHLESS BODIES AND WE WILL SERVE IUR GOD FOR ETERNITY!

5 Likes