What if Okoto is on Spherus Magna

My thoughts are this:

As we know Lego has been giving us references to G1 like the presence of the Kanohi Vahi, that part of one of the animations when Kopaka tells Lewa he isn’t the master of air, when Tahu lands in Onua’s arms when battling LOSP (reference to Bionicle comic issue #3) , and just recently, the Nuva symbols.

What if G2 is connected to G1 directly.

Could it be that the Kanohi Vahi, (which as we know it isn’t technically a legendary mask, it was created by a once ordinary mask maker), could have been created a second time by Ekimu as well on Okoto.

Well, what if the story of present day Okoto takes place when the Toa Mata are waiting in the Sea of Protodermis, waiting to wash up on Mata Nui. The Toa Mata are then summoned or teleported to Okoto (which may be on a different planet) to battle the skull spiders. And at the end of the G2 storyline (which hopefully doesn’t come for another 15 years at least) The Toa Mata, have their minds wiped, and teleported back to their canisters on Aqua Magna, However in the process their armor deteriorates and they are left with the bodies of the scrawny 2001 Toa.

Wait a minute.

We never see mention of the Toa’s weapons in Swamp of Secrets aside from a brief mention of Gali’s hooks. Maybe they originally had the Master Weapons, and at some point in the new story they get their 01 weapons. Eh?

~W12~

I find both highly unlikely. Since when does the Mask of Time ever had the ability to transport beings from one planet/dimension to the other? And it certainly wouldn’t work to have the Mata transported from one time to another at any point in G1.

Wouldn’t that also allude to the fact that the other Toa have their 01 weapons? Why would Gali have her hooks but everyone else have the Master weapons?

Quick correction, they never were in the Sea of Protodermis. The water around Mata-Nui was actually water, the liquid oceans inside the Great Spirit Robot were protodermis.

I mean that this is an entirely different incarnation of the Vahi, so it might have the power to do so as we have seen it summon the 2015 Toa.

ohhhh yeah…

A: “The Mask of Time possesses powers that even the wisest elders don’t completely understand.”
B: I’m assuming the usage of the Mask of Time only sped up the alignment of the planets, and somehow this alignment summoned the Toa.

Maybe Gali got different weapons? Perhaps the hooks were only training weapons? She was, after all, fighting Hydraxon at the time.

Also, fun fact, I might start up a topic soon-ish where this is important.

Well personally I equate “entirely different Vahi” as being just that. Another Mask of Time that has nothing to do with G1’s Mask of Time.

But even still, a Mask of Time to me would not be able to move beings through space. Through timer perhaps, but I can’t see teleportation being a power of a Mask of Time.

True, but it is utilizing the power of the Temple of Time in G2’s case.

Except we already know from RoSS that the new Mask of time can let the user see the future.. The old Vahi did not.

~W12~

That other mask theory is very possible since the Vahi only covers the lower face AND the new protector masks have an exposed jaw…

Okay, I’ll give you that one because space-time.

That is what I believe happened. It fits with the powers of the G1 Mask of Time, and if the bottom half is indeed the Vahi, then it works.

Then why would the other Toa still have their training weapons? Why would Gali have her hooks again on Mata Nui if she had her trident?

Cool, I enjoy debates on the nooks and crannies of G1! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think that’s highly improbable since they still had to learn unity and duty in g1…

We don’t know if the Toa Mata’s weapons on Mata Nui were their training weapons. Here’s what I’m thinking: after training with Hydraxon, the Toa get their Master weapons and take them to Mata Nui. However, at some point while on Okoto, the Toa wind up getting their 01 weapons.

Fair enough I guess. Personally I have a different take, but hey, until we see exactly what will happen, any headcannon works perfectly fine!

But the question remains: At what point in time do they save okoto? And are they then sent to mata nui with no memory yet again? Besides I think it has something to do either with time travel (see the Vahi theory) or it’s just an alternate timeline (not necessarily linked with G1)

Okay, I just got done reading the first 2015 graphic novel, and if you read the little exert on one of the last few pages, you can see that the book clearly states:
“The Protectors also believe that the temple mystically connects Okoto with other places, including distant worlds, across time and space.”
This means that my theory is even more plausible.

Also, is anyone else having their mind blown that the Vahi (Mask of Time) was revealed to actually be half of a mask?!?!

I like you, you get it :slight_smile:

Like I said before. But I still doubt the Toa are the same G1 Toa and that Okoto is on Spherus Magna.

I want that graphic novel, it looks awesome!

Pretty cool. Anyone have theories as to what the top looks like if it isn’t a Protector mask?

Ya, I don’t think it is on Spherus Magna either.

I think the bottom of the G2 Vahi could hold resemblance to the 2004 Great Huna… maybe?

@Alex_Twenty_Two It would make more sense if they kept the original Vahi design but just tweaked it a little bit to comfort the new mask designs, besides we’ve seen the Vahi already in the new web animations hidden in the background. It looks like it’s original self.

I also doubt Okotois on spherus magna. We’ve seen their planetary system in the legend and it looks nothing like spherus magna.

Why do you think it could be the huna?

@PakariNation99 Perhaps it could be a new mask altogether. We don’t exactly know where the story is headed (such as how the toa became uniters in 2016) so maybe it looks like something we have never seen before.

Edited for Triple Post - Waj

Please refrain from posting on a topic twice/thrice in a row. If you want to reply to multiple people, just type the ‘@’ symbol in front of the user’s name that you want to reply to. Also, read this. Thank you :smile:

Hello.I’m new here.What if Ekimu is a code name for Artakha,one of the great beings’ first creations who held the mask of creation and he has found shelter in Okoto?

Well it is possible since Artakha’s weapon is a war hammer according to the wiki. However, I don’t think that it is the same person, but merely a reference to G1. Besides it is said that he was Karzahni’s brother so how did Makuta enter the picture?