what if the toa mata showed up on voya-nui

let’s say that instead of landing on mata-nui they landed voya-nui just by chance. would they survive on this horrid island. would the toa find out about velika. would the makuta move to voya nui to find the toa mata. would they find the great mask of life and revive mata-nui when dying. I don’t know let’s see your ideas

5 Likes

I mean a lot of what the Mata new was lost, the Turaga taught them what they knew but it was limited. If anything they could have been better off, potentially learning from the order members on the island.
It’s also very possible that Brutaka would never have changed sides.
The big negative would be that they could never become Nuva so they would have been a good bit weaker as a result.

4 Likes

That actually happened and they got owned lol

11 Likes

i mean they got owned by the piraka as nuva. but there are no piraka on voya nui in this timeline. The real question is without the mata on mata nui what happens? this kinda goes back to this topic and the similar what if the toa never arrived to mata nui topic from a few days ago both occuring concurently. If anything the mata would be better equipped to wake up mata nui before makuta got in the gsr controls then in the main timeline. however as seen by the great disruption, we need matoran doing work in metru nui for the robot to function properly so it may depend on takua finding the avohkii or the 6 inika matoran finding the metru’s toa stones and the matoran somehow returning to metru nui. That or dume can fire up the gregs super amazing matoran making machines and let everyone on mata nui die

5 Likes

they could, there was an EP pool on Voya Nui.

6 Likes

But would they fall into it, is the question?

4 Likes

They only really did because of the battle with the queens so I doubt it but considering they would probably be training under Axonn and Brutaka, they may not even need the Nuva boost.

5 Likes

If they were under order members the whole time but their memories are still wiped I wonder how well they would adhere to the toa code, if at all

4 Likes

Given how questionable they acted at the start anyway, it’s safe to say probably not.

4 Likes

Yeah, I can imagine Tahu smashing bad guys all over the place.

Maybe the future Inika could have used the kini nui to become toa with the stones. Takua used it to summon the toa in that one game. And perhaps being as important as it is, the kini-nui could be tied to the toa-suva on Metru nui. Maybe it’s a stretch, but it might work

Sick story seed for an AU fanfic. Write it!

1 Like