What Is The Rarest BIONICLE Mask You Own?

I have literally no rare pieces whatsoever in my collection masks or otherwise, however I do have a misprinted gold CCBS shell but that’s about it.

2 Likes

Sorry, that was ambiguous cause it was meant to be a joke. Kanohi Komau in yellow.

I am really intrigued are there genuine yellow hunas since I’ve seen price guide on bricklink that showing 400$+.

2 Likes

The blue Ekimu mask.

2 Likes

For whatever reason, I’ve always thought that the kakama nuva looks unusual in any color other than brown

1 Like

I don’t think those are genuine. They don’t have the codes on the back.

1 Like

I can only think of 7 masks I own that are rare, unless there’s a rarity between the Kanohi, Krana, and Kraata from the boxed mask packs. I don’t know the amount of rarity on most of these masks.

First one is the Kanohi Vahi, which I received in the rerelease of the Vahki with the Disc of Time. I got mine with Zadakh.

Then there’s the 4 versions of the Poisoned Hau. I received one edition back in the day from The LEGO Store if I recall correctly, and picked up the rest about a year ago from this post.

Moving on I have the Mask of Ultimate Power from Ultimate Dume, picked up separate from the combo set but I do have the sets to build the whole model if I wanted to.

And last I know of is the Tahu mask from 2014 New York Comic Con. Luckily I have mine with the case too.

• Maniac4Bricks
3 Likes

Rare masks I own from G1 include: Golden Kaukau that you can see through the visor of, copper mask of victory huna, trans holo foil avohkii, white hau since that’s rare apparently, orange vahi (More like an uncommon mask than a rare one tbh), Ultimate Dume krakhann, Lhikan’s hau, trans reddish orange mask of fire, and the trans phosphorous green skull scorpio sdcc mask.

2 Likes

Wait, is that even a thing? I thought the Golden Kaukau didn’t have a transparent visor.

1 Like

Every gold mask had two versions, the regular version and a slightly more transparent version. It was something to do with the molding process, I think.

2 Likes

Can you please show me some pictures?

Well, I’ve got a trans-green Miru (the Legoland one)… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Here.

5 Likes

I guess it really depends on availability, but what I consider the rarest masks I own are:

Trans- Neon Green Miru
Infected Hau
Poisoned Hau Nuva
Glittery Avohkii
Orange Vahi
Bronze Vahi
Gold Ignika
Mask of Creation

1 Like

non standard mata/nuva masks, silver ignika, dark gold krakahn (tower of toa),
trans orange mask of fire (2015)

Movie makuta mask I would say. Well a brown noble matatu too. Don’t know which is rarer.

1 Like

The rarest mask i own is probably the silver Akaku Mata or the gold Ignika that came with titan Mata Nui. I had at one point the golden Hau Mata and the golden Hau Stars but gave both of them away

3 Likes

Probably the trans-red Mask of Fire from the Gen 2 promotional polybag.

2 Likes

Currently my rarest are the original Orange Vahi and three 2001 European misprints; the blue Ruru and a White and a Brown Matatu. I wrote about some of my rare masks including those four in this Brickset article: Collecting Bionicle masks | Brickset

1 Like

A “battle-worn” Komau. It’s literally one of a kind because one of my dogs created it.

9 Likes