What is your biggest official BIONICLE set pet peeve?

Exposed Ball joints (2015)
Arms being placed a bit back then they should due to the gear function. (2015)
Eyestalks and how short they are (2016)
Exposed Technic holes (almost all of G1)
Faces of the sets without the masks look weird (every set ever, but G2 heads are at least tried and somewhat succeeded in some areas of visual appeal)
Silver hands and legs on very colourful sets (G2)

3 Likes

Large prefabricated pieces that you cannot take apart.

1 Like

Stubby arms (Kopaka, Lewa and Gali Uniter), gold parts, translucent heads, friction joints on ankles, overly complicated weapons (like most of the G2 Toa), THAT FRIKIN SUPER HERO CHEST PIECE…

1 Like

Yeah, those were terrible. Especially for the lack of articulation it caused.

These aren’t terrible…

I actually like that they’re doing that…

Also, I don’t know if any of you feel the same, but I HATE when you’re using the gear function, and it makes that ear piercing sound from the friction…

3 Likes

Small and unimportant villains are my biggest pet peeve. With the exception of Umarak and Kulta (just called “Skull Grinder” in the official set), most are mob enemies and we are supposed to pretend they are attacking in legions. I prefer more individual villainous characters (i.e. Antroz, Kalmah, Roodaka, Thok, etc.). And WHY ARE ALL THE VILLAINS SO SHRIMPY COMPARED TO THE TOA IN G2 IN TERMS OF BUILDS!!!

7 Likes

G1: Freaking 10 unit wide or larger shoulders.

They look so stupid on so many levels. Also ape arms.

G2: Yes.

It’s not even CCBS units I just don’t like the sets on the whole, for the most part. There are a few good ones but in my personal opinion 90% of them are trash garbage. Cool functions on some of them though…?

1 Like

I’ve been able to use the okoto armor add ons and a tad bit of transluscent bones…

That’s really it…

My biggest pet peeve is when someone buys a BIONICLE (G2) set in general and state they hate it, they do not send it to ME!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But in all seriousness…
some of the smaller figures lack elbows or knees.

5 Likes

When there is an abundance of silver pieces. I remember I used to color code my pieces that weren’t being used, and all the silver… I just couldn’t handle how dull it looked!

1 Like

Yes, those looked dumb…[quote=“Ekorak, post:28, topic:24850”]
G2: Yes.

It’s not even CCBS units I just don’t like the sets on the whole, for the most part. There are a few good ones but in my personal opinion 90% of them are trash garbage. Cool functions on some of them though…?
[/quote]

'd

12 Likes

Useless half pins (Tahu Uniter)

Using shells that are obviously too small for the bones (UtD and Storm Beast)

Stubby shins and long thighs (Ekimu '16 and Gali Uniter)

Not using the Star Wars method of covering up the backs of shins (Tahu Master and plenty other CCBS sets in general)

3 Likes

The goddmn friction extender piece. I can see why they use it in every set and it’s usefulness but dmnit, can’t I atleast try to get the figure in a decent pose without snapping off the legs everytime. Seriously, they snap off way too easily.

5 Likes

In time they loosen up, but it’s really annoying at first.

1 Like

Could you provide an image for the uneducated (like me)?

1 Like

Hey man, opinions. If you like them, good for you.

Personally I hate each and every single one of them with a few specific exceptions (e.g. 2015 Lewa and Onua, most of the Protectors, and one or two of the 2016 Toa)

2 Likes

I just like being able to use that picture of Avak XD.

This is what I’m talking about:

Have the same exact opinion.

3 Likes

Honestly, those stupid open balljoints. The toa always looked like their arms were disembodied, at least from an angle. Gali remedies this with the use of balljoint alignment; but the other 2015 toa (sans Kopaka and Gali) and the $20 creature-pairs looked horrendous with the open balljoints. Even still, it was gappy as heck.

5 Likes

I think that is the biggest con we can all agree on.

4 Likes

OK, I have another one:
The angle at which the Metru shoulders stuck out at really bugs me. Also the fact that they have basically no shoulder articulation, but that’s just a flaw with the build, not a “pet peeve”.

5 Likes