What is your favorite/least favorite color scheme(s)

I like color schemes that have a serious contrast. For example, a white or silver dominant color with accents of a dark color, like dark red or indigo. Vice versa with a black or dark colored base but bright accents of white, cyan, or lime.

I don’t like black and silver, like most, because it’s been overused to the point of blandness. I also don’t like color schemes with colors that seem too close together, or too many colors.

And, my favorite color is black, and my second favorite (or favorite to those of you that don’t consider black a color) is white. My third favorite is blue.

I think Utali’s going to have a fan

Except when everyone and their brother uses it…

5 Likes

Who’s utali?

A MOC I have in concept who uses that very color scheme.

1 Like

gasp how dare you! GLG looks great! if a bit comicbooky but that’s what its supposed to be like.

2 Likes

It’s nothing against Green Lantern or comic books in general; it’s just that I don’t think it looks all that great in Lego.

1 Like

White and purple
White and green
White and Keetorange (It’s a lot cooler than it sounds…)
Black and the above colors

1 Like

Hm. Instead of limiting ourselves to the bionicle/lego color spectrum, why don’t we look at the whole color spectrum?

.-.

http://imgur.com/plVyMxg

You mean this spectrum?

Personally, I like a nice mix of Microwaves with the contrasting Gamma used as highlighting.

Why yes, I’m great fun at parties.

9 Likes

That’s beautiful.

Personally, I’m impartial to Ultraviolet and Radio, but Dark Radar just ruins any color scheme it’s in, IMO.

6 Likes

My over all favorite color scheme would have to be Blue, Black and Silver. I love the way blue and black blend together and with a touch of silver, it’s glorious! My custom PC is all decked out in Black, Blue and Silver. :smile:

i don’t even like green lantern as a comic but i do like the color.

1 Like

I like combining ultraviolet with trans-orange, trans-lime, trans-neon-green, or trans-medium-blue.

In the form of blacklight.

4 Likes

My favorite color is red. That said, I’m a fan of odd color schemes. Common ones, like blue and white, bore me, but I like odd ones like purple and dark tan. The only exception is black, which goes with pretty much anything IMO.

Ones I’ve particularly liked:
black-and-orange
Purple-and-dark tan
green-and-purple
blue-and tan
orange-and-blue

I do not like gunmetal (dark silver), and I’m not a big fan of silver, either.

4 Likes

I don’t like infrared and ultraviolet because I can’t see them

3 Likes

But man

Ultraviolet is such a great accent color

And it nearly never makes the color scheme cluttered

2 Likes

One color scheme I’ve seen used a bit that I don’t like is green and white. They’re good colors but I don’t think they compliment each other very well.

Least favorite color schemes:
*Gunmetal grey & Red
pretty much anything that has gunmetal in it
its TOO overused.

Favorites:
*Teal & yellow
*Blue & white
*etc, things colorful

but we already did in Mafia

Least favorite: black/silver, white/gold. (Too bad Takanuva. :stuck_out_tongue: )
Anything with too many metallic or even transparent colors.
Purple with another color is also hard to pull off for me.
And depending,but I usually tend to like dark/dark or bright/dark colors, not two bright colors. Depending.
Favorite: red/orange (Case in point…), black/gold, Metru blue/gold, teal/red… Um yeah. It’s hard to pick a favorite/least favorite.

2 Likes

Favourite: I like pretty much all of the darker and metallic colours.

Least Favourite: I don’t really have any. I’m usually not a big fan of primary colours in System models, but I’m fine with them on Constraction figures.

2 Likes