What made Hero Factory GREAT?

I personally think Furno, Man, Stormer, Zib, and Quadle might be the best characters to come out of HF, but to each his own. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

What about Evo (besides his helmet) made him great in your opinion? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

well… evo is a little confusing, his attitude and voice actor change completely from “ordeal of fire” to “breakout”

1 Like

ok, nothing is great about him except his helmet. I like his breakout personality better though.

2 Likes

but he just felt like another rookie in breakout, at least in ordeal of fire his personality set him apart from the other heroes, especially nex.

yeah, in breakout he was just like a furno/rocka mix without the parts that made each of them special. The Ordeal of Fire evo was a calm guy that only fought when he needed to. That really is a better character than rookie dude.

2 Likes

Welp, on the subject of that, there actually is an explanation that actually rectifies the two different takes on his character in story and fits within the boundaries of canon, but it’s kinda dark:

He most likely passed away in battle, forcing him to get a core transplant, which, as confirmed in episode 2 of the nickelodeon cartoon, would cause his original personality to be gone, replacing it with a new one, due to the fact that, with the heroes, “their core makes them who they are.”

I think it was only ever stated that the Hero Core contains just their personalities, but who knows? It may also affect their memories (long-term and muscle), thus possibly requiring (at least some of) them to need to go through a re-learning period, which might cause them to have to start-out as rookies once-again. And even if needing a core transplant doesn’t affect their memories, it could still cause them to have reset, immature/insecure personalities.

Only question now is:
Why was no one in breakout mourning over Evo?

1 Like

Thay could’ve brain-washed them, so that they weren’t focused on evo dying during their missions. Also, maybe that was the first time a hero died during a mission, and they didn’t want the heros thinking about the danger.

2 Likes

Because the whole cast of alpha team are robots, they A. probably don’t mourn because they are robots and don’t need emotion, and B. this kind of thing probably happens often. I don’t know if he would lose his memory after a core transplant, but I could see it making sense where he would need to relearn and retrain to be a “hero”, but it’s not like he was accomplished and experienced by “break out”, he still would have needed training regardless of this potential set back of reeducation.

2 Likes

Except this doesn’t work when they clearly have emotions.

6 Likes

Indeed, Man is my favourite of all Hero Factory characters. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

@Toa-of-Snow Wait, do you mean humans?

I think you made a typo, is all. :wink:

2 Likes

Who is man supposed to be?

2 Likes

Indeed. In fact, episode two shows them (or at least Stormer, anyway) expressing “I can’t lose you” emotions. At the end of the episode, Stringer and Bulk both said that they had concern during the mission that they might not make it back (which is totally believable,— Bulk was just being a trooper when he was injured, and Stringer, being a veteran Hero with a generally laid-back demeanor, was doing his duty while showing the stability that the situation demanded of him, regardless of any dread he was experiencing internally).
On the subject of episode two, though: Is it me, or did the whole “Von Ness” trauma/betrayal/foreboding/whatever it was seem over-played? Why would Stormer (other than being perfectionistic) blame himself for Von Ness’s betrayal, saying he “should’ve seen it coming”? Maybe Von Ness didn’t first turn traitor on the New Stellac City battlefield, but instead voiced traitorous ideas to Stormer some time beforehand (kinda like Anakin in Attack of The Clones, but less overtly unstable?) but Stormer told him to put away such talk and covered for him, out of a bond friendship, thinking he could and did keep his teammate on the side of good? That could make more sense of as to why he blames himself so hard.

Yeah, who?

Are you referring to humans?

Edit:
My bad. I just saw what you were referring to (emphasis mine):

‘Twas a typo I made.

1 Like

yeah, but who is MAN supposed to be?

2 Likes

“Man” was (I think) supposed to be “Mak”, as in “Megahertz”.:wink:

Also, while we’re on the subject of episode two, since the hero’s cores have been severely upgraded by the time “Operation: Catch 'Em and 'Cuff 'Em” comes around (as evidenced by Furno’s anti-rust core charge, the fact that now only one hero is required to take down a single villain instead of a whole team of heroes, and an article on HeroSector01), should, logically, “Hero Cells” now now be considered less dangerous, and therefore, used more often? Or would the up to 40% power boost not be high enough to warrant this?

Also:

Hmm… interesting. Though I would think that Zib’s confidence that Bulk would’ve needed a core transplant had his hero core died would quite possibly mean that other heroes before episode 2 (and thus, before Evo’s personality change) would have had it happen to them before. Also, this theory would mean that the villain Core Hunter was pretty bad at his profession, only pulling-off 1-0 successful hits (depending on whether he was the cause of Evo getting taken-out*), which is not the impression given by this except from his HeroSector01 article (emphasis mine):

“The Hero Core Remover Tool was Core Hunter’s signature weapon, used in his hunts to acquire Hero Cores from fallen Heroes. He also used a Plasma Shooter.”

The word “used” implies that he past-tense already used the weapon to steal the cores of multiple heroes, so I think it’s pretty safe to assume that core transplants have been performed before in HF’s history.

*That being said, I do not believe that Core Hunter was the reason Evo got a core transplant.

Also, while we’re on the subject of hero cores, we still consider the robot characters who don’t have them (Zib, Quadle, Chief Drax, etc.) to also be alive, and not merely dead machines that simply imitate self-aware lifeforms, correct?

1 Like

that is why is specified “need”, because yes, you would have to be blind not to see that the heroes express emotions. Emotions aren’t intrinsic to their nature, that being the nature of a robot, so they can probably suppress emotions much more easily.

But is that what we actually witnessed?
As I’ve stated, Stormer seems to be ruled by his emotions, and he was one of the ones in Breakout, and he was treating Evo like he was just another annoying Rookie, and Furno, having been a fellow Alpha Team Rookie, and thus a likely candidate to empathize with and mourn over the passing of Evo, treated Evo like he was always the way he was, without even a tinge of sadness, but rather, some mild yet unfettered happiness at “helping a rookie out”.
See how there’s a disconnect?

yeah, I do, I need to rewatch Herofactory, its been a little while

2 Likes

Ccbs and the animations minus 2014’s for obvious reasons.

3 Likes