What made Hero Factory GREAT?

ccbs is great, thank you hero factory

also it’s easier to draw

4 Likes

I could also mention that a sizable chunk of that sizable chunk consists of G1ers that are reviled by the rest of the fanbase

3 Likes

I could also mention that most of this fanbase has not really seen eye to eye.

Touche.

2 Likes

This

https://vimeo.com/68371813

5 Likes

I…I never saw that…

Mata nui…

Yes!

2 Likes

The reuse of colors that BIONICLE had left unused–yellow, purple, Lewa green, EtC. And always having red around was nice.

3 Likes

Yep, but because I am an HF guy I never had a lot of the BIONICLE colors. and you know you have an issue when you run out of red shells.

1 Like

It costs tons of money to make new molds, but then again look at hf 2.0, it took two years budget (stars and hf 1.0) for good new parts and made a good system. Though I agree, we need textured shells and different ccbs bones.

2 Likes

CCBS is a clever and innovative system. I also really like the teeny-tiny little IFB characters.

2 Likes

uhh…uhhhhhh

The amazing, breathtaking storyline and sets that were way better than BIONICLE? /s

2 Likes

in it’s final days it had some nice sets with interesting builds

it gave us CCBS which now is used for the better bionicle.

it’s story was awful but overall it gave us nice parts i guess

1 Like

It had ccbs and a decent concept, but it suffered from a vary basic repetitive story.
Imagine if they would have broken their mold.
They could have had the factory shut down and the heroes repairing themselves with scrap parts and facing street criminals. That would have been interesting

5 Likes

Something I doubt anyone has mentioned is the artwork. Goodness, if Lego had released some concept art book for Hero Factory, I would have bought it.

4 Likes

Oh yes, that and the music.

1 Like

That would be like,10 times better than the actual HF
I should make a couple MOCs about this

5 Likes

I really liked the concept of heroes vs villians,it wasn’t too complicated because of that I could get more creative and the tribal aspect of Bionicle was gone which gave the line a new sci-fi feeling,moreover it was simple and as Ven says simplicity isn’t a bad thing,sometimes…anyways but after a few waves I was like soo… are we goingg anywhere then Breakout came along it was good propably the best then Brain Attack happened and while these 2 years were happening I lost my interest on lego so I just watched the tv show ,yeah all in all I didn’t keep my expectetions high which helped I personally liked the sci-fi feeling and overall find it quite enjoyable it wasn’t hard or deep like bionicle but it was ‘‘fun’’ and thats what made it special.

5 Likes

Two Words: Raptor Talon

3 Likes

:blush:

1 Like

I thought Hero Factory was a really fresh idea, and the new system (unlike the old system) didn’t break over and over again. Sure, CCBS has its flaws, but it helped Hero Factory feel like its own thing. The story was decent at first, though I didn’t like the you-make-up-the-ending approach they took in the later years. Above all, it was able to fill the gap that Bionicle left for me.

3 Likes