What piece(s) do you find most useful in MOCing?

what about technic pins? most of what (at least I) build is not possible without them.
aside from those, I really like hordika necks and techinc ball pieces of both kinds. I unfortunately dont have many at the moment…

2 Likes

Vahki waists!

3 Likes

image|nullxnull

I seem to use 5 or 6 of these buggers on every MOC I build.

5 Likes

Only recently, but I’ve been accumulating these parts. Super useful. Idk when they started being used but they have amazing friction too.
image image

6 Likes

I find the friction is actually weaker than normal axles and pins, but maybe that’s just the parts I own. Undoubtedly some of the most useful pieces out there though.

Also 3L stopped axles, if you can get your hands on them.

2 Likes

not sure if anyone’s said this one yet, but those teeny tiny ccbs bones.

2 Likes

Necks of any kind, Hordika, Metrutoran, whatever. I really like necks.

I also use a lot of a certain Technic piece that I’m too lazy to find right now. It’s three holes long with axle holes at either end and a pin hole rotated 90 degrees in the middle.

3 Likes

This?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=32184#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

4 Likes

Most of those pieces for me were broken or cracked…until I took like 8 of them from school :stuck_out_tongue:

first off, how dare you

second off, why does school have these pieces

1 Like

I’ve found an increasing interest in T-bars and other 3mm bars of similar size

1 Like

I have a piece I’m finding myself using to absurd excess lately

why is the image so blurry

2 Likes

I found a neat trick a while back where you can use those with the old socket hand thingies

5 Likes

The Blue Mat emerges, a specter from the past. Had one of those when I was little, back when I had 0 organization to my pieces.

2 Likes

Yeah, exactly. Thank you. I use at least three of 'em on every custom torso. :stuck_out_tongue:

my school had lego mindstorms

I hate to ruin this for you but that’s not technically legal

See the bracket going up is meant to correspond with the bracket going down to form the exact space taken up by a 1x2 plate, and that means the bottom one is a teensy bit longer than a plate normally would be to make up for the already existing downwards one being a shorter length

I would know because if you put them base-to-base/underside-to-underside, they bow away from each other, which has been a real big pain for me for a specific series I’m making MOCs on

I never said it was legal
it just looks like it is
also there’s two brackets that go up, they plug into the square notches in the hand and meet in the middle.
You can’t really push them both in all the way, but they’re sturdy enough, especially if you connect em with a plate or something

1 Like

4697b

6 Likes

Glatorian and Hordika necks sre very useful. I also use a lot of metru heads because everybody needs a head

3 Likes