What Shows Do You Like To Marathon?

Should check out Torchwood or Sarah Jane Adventures sometime, you might enjoy those if you like Doctor Who.

2 Likes

Summer is going to be my marathon of various shows

Teen titans
TMNT (03 one)
Ben 10
DBZ (and Super, when thats released)
Gurren lagann (because Oc wants me to do so)
Possibly kamen rider gaim
Fosters home for imaginary kids
C:KND
Cory marathon with beef (thats so raven & cory in the house)
Steven Universe

Last year I marathoned TMNT 2003

The only shows here I haven’t watched are KR gaim and Gurren lagann

I am re marathoning them because they are awesome
Oh, probably gonna have to cut certain shows
KR Gaim, Gurren Lagann, Teen Titans, and Cory are probably the highest on the list of watching

4 Likes

Babylon 5. even though I’ve seen it as well as the spin off a good dozen times by now I still turn it on whenever I get bored of modern TV.

2 Likes

Do iiiiiiiit

1 Like

fineeee

Ok, gonna make big list because I watch way too much TV. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just about to finish:
Farscape: Space adventure show with great characters, zany humor, and outstanding production design. The first season starts out a bit “meh,” but when the story arcs begin in earnest, it starts getting really awesome. On that note, Farscape is often considered to be a successor to Babylon 5 in that it’s a space-based show with strong continuity and not many standalone episodes.

In the midst of watching:
Stargate SG-1: I think everyone and his dog knows about this show. :stuck_out_tongue: It has a great premise (pagan gods were actually aliens who control much of the galaxy via the Stargate network), lots of intriguing episodes, and a great sense of humor. I also think it has one of the best overall groups of main characters in any show I’ve seen–there are five primary protagonists, and I think they’re all awesome.

The X-Files: another show everyone knows about. :stuck_out_tongue: It almost seems to be two shows in one: a procedural (every episode stands on its own) show about paranormal investigators who examine all kinds of inexplicable activity, and an arc-based show about getting to the bottom of a government conspiracy revolving around aliens. Depending on your preferences, you might like both aspects, or find one or the other irritating. So far, I’ve liked both, though I hear the alien conspiracy arc wasn’t planned out and got ridiculous as time went on.

Star Trek TNG: I don’t think this show is quite as good as TOS and DS9 (it tends to be too saccharine), but it’s still awesome. Skip most of the first two seasons, though; they have a lot of really awful episodes.

White Collar: I marathoned the first three season a while back, but for some reason haven’t gotten around to the rest of it. It’s kind of a cliché “reforming con-man” show on the surface, but the character development and acting are very good. It also has some really good plots twists and gags.

Shows I’ve finished:
Babylon 5: Best story arc ever. No other show combines politics, philosophy, war, religion, and character development so well.

Star Trek TOS: Tied with B5 as my favorite show. Though it doesn’t really have much in the way of story arcs, it has outstanding character development and explores philosophy and morality better than any other show IMO.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Often compared to Babylon 5, they really don’t have much in common. DS9 is a pretty straightforward war drama. I think the overall cast of characters is a bit better than B5, but the main story arc isn’t as profound. This show also does a lot of great worldbuilding, and is by far the most serialized Star Trek show.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: it starts out a bit too childish, but it starts getting much better in the last few episodes of season 1. This show is so good, it actually makes the prequels seem like ok movies. :stuck_out_tongue: The portrayal of Anakin is much more in line with what you would have expected him to be like if you just watched the original movies.

Doctor Who: It’s cool, I guess. :stuck_out_tongue: Nah, IMO, this show has the best premise ever, because it allows it to tell any type of story it wants to, be it an epic space adventure, hard sci-fi, soft sci-fi, a murder mystery, a horror story, a character study, historical fiction, or all of those at once.

Sherlock: Possibly the best show currently in production. The acting is perfect and the writing is amazingly clever at updating Arthur Conan Doyle’s characters and ideas for the modern world.

Psych: Hilarious show. Sort of a parody of the standard Sherlock Homes formula.

Avatar: The Last Airbender: For a show about kids going on a quest in a fantasy world, it’s pretty good. :stuck_out_tongue:

Chuck: This is a really fun show if you: like spy fiction, pop culture, and/or are a nerd.

7 Likes

Dude you just listed off my life.

2 Likes

Recently I’ve been marathoning Ninjago’s older seasons because I recently found a website that actually has the stupid pilot

And Batman Beyond.

Lots of Batman Beyond.

4 Likes

Link? Been trying to track down all the seasons online to marathon

1 Like

This reminds me… there are a ton of shows on Netflix I have saved for future marathoning purposes, (ie after finals) including…

Alias

Star Trek: TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, and despite advice to the contrary, I will ATTEMPT to watch ENT (cuz I like Scott Bakula. :P)

Firefly

My Name is Earl

Heroes

Hawaii Five-O (both the old version and the remake)

Parks and Rec and The Office :stuck_out_tongue:

Sherlock

Pokemon

Top Gear

Fringe

MacGyver

Columbo

The West Wing

Also I like watching Arrested Development several episodes at a time, but only with my girlfriend. :3

5 Likes

The only shows I really marathon are animes. The other shows I watch are all still being released weekly so I can’t just marathon them yet.

Well let me tell you the shows I have marathonned in chronological order: About two years ago my roommate was easing me into watching My Little Pony: Friendship is magic by watching an episode or two of season one every week or so in preparation for season four. We finished the first season and went home for Christmas Break after the season four premiere, and I proceeded to watch all of seasons two and three in the time span of one day.

During Christmas, I got the complete Season One of Avatar The Last Airbender, and after returning to School me and my friends stayed up until two in the morning every Saturday for Three weeks watching a season each week.

Then I discovered FullMetal Alchemist and marathonned the hell out of that, and then another friend introduced me to the X-Files, which I am currently looking for in DVD Box set (haven’t finished season one yet.)

1 Like

There’s the link to episode 10.

There’s a navigation bar to get to the other episodes in the season.

To see like, the pilot or whatever just type “Ninjago” into the search.

Only the five seasons should come up.

2 Likes

XD
You must be pretty cool. :stuck_out_tongue:

Forgot to mention this.

Want to watch these eventually.

I never got past the pilot episodes of Voyager and Enterprise. Good luck. Boldly go where I have not gone before! :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yeah, one of these days I will marathon Kamen Rider W for our lord and savior @yran. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’ve never really marathoned anything because my Mom would never allow me to be that idle :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

As of tomorrow, I will begin to marathon aldnoah.zero.

@Scarilian if your still looking for anime recommendations I’d check out Welcome to the Jungle NHK! It’s pretty amazing and perfectly describes my life

1 Like

Gets worse here everyday.

Also, I like to marathon Steven Universe for chunks at a time during various rewatches.

4 Likes

Dragon ball
Steven Universe
Clarence
Most recently The Critic

A combination of a Roku player and 30 days of Amazon Prime leads to me marathoning Batman:TAS.

1 Like

Nyan, knight-friend.

Can you link unto me this glorious website.