What was your favorite year for Bionicle?

Oh and I’m an idiot! I totally forgot about the video game. I have it on PS2 but there was Bionicle Heros. That game is still fun! I also liked how it showed the Piraka more and allowed you to play as a toa and BLOW SH*T UP! It also plays like most other lego games to. So I really appreciated that they kept that consistency even though they crossed over into Constraction.

I also liked 2009’s story, sort of. The Bara Magna concept was great. I initially didn’t like it and resisted MOCing in it(meaning creating MOCs that worked in that part of the story), but I came to like it for the concept, but still hate how it was executed. Though that’s partially not Greg’s fault since bionicle got the axe so quickly.

1 Like

My favorites would have to be 2006 and 2008. Excellent sets, excellent storyline, as well as the story serials.

1 Like

I agree. Even though i like 2004, i still think the 2006 and even 2007 was amazing story-wise. the titans were awesome. I feel that that was one of the most memorable and important events in bionicle, and definitely one of the darker ones. I never would have expected them to kill an important character. I still cant decide if i like 2006 or 2004. Both great years, So they are both equally good to me.

2006 Oh the memories

What about 2009, the year of Tuma?

WHY IS TUMA SO DARN POPULAR? He’s an idiot! who fights someone when they’re armor’s damaged? For that matter, why was he biomechannical in that scene? Glatorian are purely organic

2 Likes

Tuma is love. Tuma is life.

ALL!! xD
No, my favorite year for Bionicle was 2004, 2006-2007 and 2009.

Definitely 2004 for me personally, I just liked pretty much everything about that year. Well, maybe except the Vahki sets, I never really were a big fan of those to be honest.

1 Like

I’d enjoy that joke more if you asked me that a year ago

I think Glatorian (2009) was the best ,be cause its when i got into bionicle and i like the fact that its a new planet, everything is sunny and there is no Makuta or darkness. I really like the atmosphere.
Imo the previous years were to dark (2004-2008)

you’re the first person I’ve ever seen that prefers the Glatorian to the Toa.

I dont really ,i think i have only strak and a destroyed malum …anyway most of my collection is the Voya Nui stuff and the 2008 vehicles.
I just think that i had more fun when i didnt know about Makuta and when Glatorians were all there is.

The Voya Nui stuff was amazing.

1 Like

i loved 2006

I definitely have to say 2006 was my favorite year.
The titans were absolutely amazing that year (Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon&Fenrakk/Kardas).
Although the Inika weren’t that great, the Piraka were awesome, I loved their personalities and truly evil intents.
The story became much better and took a darker road for the BIONICLE universe with the introduction of the island of Voya Nui, and the Kanohi Ignika.
I am hoping to eventually get more of the '06 sets, such as some Piraka, Umbra, and Vezon & Fenrakk.

My favorite year would have to be 2001. I think it was a great way to get started with introducing all the mysteries, such as: What had happened in the past? Who were the Toa Mata, and who created them? Why do the Turaga know so much, and what is the full extent of their knowledge? What lies beyond Mata Nui? I feel it was these mysteries that got so many people hooked on BIONICLE in the first place.

2 Likes

I’m a classic fan, too, even though I wasn’t around back then. 2004 and back were the best for me.

Favorite years would be a tie between '08 and '09. That’s when the story plot really picked up. '08 had lots of great parts and the return of the Nuva (as sets at least). A lot of people disliked '09 because of it’s sudden plot ■■■■■ to another planet, but I absolutely loved this idea. I felt like the first 8 years of Bionicle really had one major villain, the Makuta. While we did take a break with the Bohrok and the Dark Hunters, every other character fought by the Toa either was Makuta or one of his minions. When we shifted to '09, there were lots of different villians, the Vorox, the Skrall, Bone Hunters; even the land itself seemed to be an enemy of the Glatorian and Agori. The sets were also very diverse too, while we had seen a pick-up in set differences in '07 and '08, they really were totally different when we came into '09. I felt like every character had a different story too. It wasn’t just a team of heroes and villains, every Glatorian had their own story and both good and bad sides to them.

As for my least favorite years, I’m sad to say I’d probably have to go with '04 and '05. This is when I started liking the series, and it almost made me stop liking it too. The storyline was hard to follow at this point, not understanding that there were 3 years of information before that, I was very confused as to why the books always started with the Turaga, and then suddenly they were Toa (I didn’t learn until late 2005 that these were prequel years). Did I mention I hate prequels? I hate prequels. Especially when they’re told from a story-tellers perspective.

That being said, aside from '04 and '05, I really quite loved every other year. 2001-2003 has a classic feel to it, the story was intriguing, but not gritty. They even used the canisters for the sets as a part of the storyline, which impresses me. The functionality is wonderfully made as well. 2006-2007 was great too, with it’s return to the modern-era, and reigning in a new set of heroes, and villains alike. Oh, and did I mention Vezon? Vezon is awesome. Yeah. I’ll leave it at that, cuz my post is starting to get long. Seeya’ll!

2006, No question. My first year was 2004 though.

(Image is the Team Fortress 2 achievement “A year to remember”)

2 Likes