What would it take to destroy Marendar?

That would be really neat! It would also be really funny, because Marendar wouldn’t see Vakama as a threat, since he is no longer a Toa.

2 Likes

Also this religious stuff is getting a little out of hand, lets get back on track.

3 Likes

Turaga Vakama leading the Visorak Horde and Turaga Matau leading the Bohrok Swarms are both gloriously exciting mental images but I will point out that any Visorak that still remembers Vakama died on Artidax, all these new ones were made recently by Teridax

3 Likes

Matau leading the Bohrok? Interesting idea…

1 Like

Actually that’s gonna be my submission to the conversation. Matau allying with the Bahrag could destroy Marendar, full stop. Bohrok always win

2 Likes

Don’t forget Lewa.

2 Likes

True, but Matau was an ever-handsome Toa-hero, and I think that’s a valuable resource most Bionicle fans overlook

5 Likes

but only if the Piraka rap was involved

3 Likes

I think bulletproof refers to real life wepaons or gives an understanding how durable MU inhabitants are despite their techno organic bodies

So if Marendar is not made of protosteel then he can be damaged by Thornaxes or stronger energy blasts

If he is made of protosteel or uses armor made of the stuff then other protosteel weapons can harm him. I’d assume a protosteel axe thrown by Axonn will hurt and kill if it hits something vital such as a neck or joints.

3 Likes

And he likely wouldn’t consider Axonn as an enemy since he’s not a Toa. So there are actually several viable options for people who can just go berserker on Marendar and smash him apart.

3 Likes

I imagine Marendars personality to be like Umbras. If someone who didn’t look for the mask of life attacked Umbra, he would still defend himself. Justification being that if he is dead, he can’t fullfill his duty to protect the mask.

Marendar is most likely wholly dedicated to his Mission and will defend himself if attacked.

I assume his misson/duty/morality prevents him from attacking Agori in any circumstances. All other beings are free to damage but not kill unless necessary. Toa are killed on the spot when seen unless they have hostages.

I’d say many powerfull beings such as Miserix, Axonn, Order of mata Nui, some dark hunters would indeed be capable of chalenging Marendar and kill him maybe but he would not go down without a fight like a batterra would go against a weaponless enemy.

4 Likes

I was thinking that Miserix could definitely defeat Marendar simply by creating a bunch of Rakhshi and having them help him. Depending on the types he made, he could easily defeat Marendar simply with sheer numbers.

3 Likes

Even with a touch since disintegration and fragmentation powers are said to be able to destroy protosteel. Although how fast or how much at a time is unknown.

edit: Bs01 states lasers and TSO disintegration beams can destroy Protosteel. but it does not say if Makuta could. I would think they could, with laser eyes the least.

3 Likes

Makuta have magnetism powers. It’s not elemental energy they’re drawing from, so would Marendar be resistant to it in the case of a Makuta?

2 Likes

I don’t know. A shadow hand could possibly damage him, since they could use it to absorb his weapons, and turn them against him.

3 Likes

I forgot about that power.

wiki says at full pwoer they can cut a protodermis slab in two. Since Protosteel is stronger then maybe they can’t?

I think Greg stated that in tems of elemental power control Makuta are superior to toa. But I think it only refers to their natural element of Shadow instead of Kraata powers.

We do not know if Marendar is resitant or immune to elements (more than likely) or just very durable.

I assume elemental power resitance affect all elements no matter the source. Although with caviat of if Marendar enters a natural forest fire he does not have immunity against that. but like i said we do not know.

Yes. This definitely would be exceptionally potent weapon against marendar. He would be KOed in one shot.

Can Makuta arm be resisted? like if being is physically strong enough to pull away or shoot the hand with elemental power?

3 Likes

Also, it requires the Makuta to subdue the target’s mind , and Marendar likely has a very one-track mind that any Makuta could influence.

3 Likes

I guess it is gg anyway since even if Marendar could overpower Makutas mind, they both would die like Teridax and Matoro in alternate reality.

One track mind does not mean weak willed btw, they are just very dedicated to their work.:wink:

3 Likes

Remember that Marendar is sapient; I very highly doubt that it has this kind of super-literal flow chart view of the world. Marendar’s mission is to protect the Agori from the Toa, the same way that it was the Toa’s job to protect the Matoran from the Rahi on Mata Nui; sure, the Toa did their job, but it’s not like Lewa flew into a blind berserker mode as soon as he saw a Nui-Rama and then did nothing else in Le-Koro.

5 Likes

Yes I agree. Marendar has potential to have a character developement. But like Umbra he has spend his entire life in a vault. Not much potential for personality other than what you start with which is most likely a very mission oriented attitude.

Definitely if Marendar would have met Agori his developement would have begun.

3 Likes