What you once thought about BIONICLE...

What is this supposed to mean? I just want my favorite toyline to live peacefully in my memories. I don’t want to leave TTV. XD

8 Likes

I guess what I’m trying to say is, if you don’t want any new Bionicle content, can’t you just… not consume new content? Why does that mean that no one else should ever get new content?

2 Likes

My problem is that new stuff is being demanded to be made. If there are new BIONICLE products out of LEGO’s interest, I am fine. My problem is the absolute militance of the community right now in demanding more BIONICLE. It is not my duty as a fan, for instance, to vote BIONICLE in the IDEAs poll. I only did it because I thought it would be fun to see an homage. But an homage, nothing more.

But apparently if you express an opinion of thinking BIONICLE should remain a pleasant memory, because I am an adult who can move on from fond childhood memories, I am in the wrong.

Look, if LEGO makes more BIONICLE, that is fine. I just think people are being a little too crazy about it nowadays. Let it rest.

10 Likes

I thought it was going to be revealed that the original Toa had been summoned to Mata Nui, which was somewhere on Earth, from different places around the world - kind of like assembling the planeteers in Captain Planet, but with amnesia.
I thought if Takanuva took off his mask, he’d turn back into a Matoran.
I thought the 2004 story was about new Toa showing up on Mata Nui who just coincidentally shared the Turaga’s names and were going to keep trying to steal the Toa Nuva’s thunder.
I thought Nidhiki’s appearance was what automatically happened if Toa turned evil. Like, they would all mutate into a bug creature.
I thought Bionicle had been created by C.A. Hapka and that this guy Greg Farshtey had somehow stolen it.
And I thought that Bionicle would never stick the letter “h” in so many places if it weren’t vocalized, so I was saying stuff like bo-Hrok with a harsh h sound for years.

5 Likes

hey don’t connect this to age I want to be the rebel too

9 Likes

Matoro thought it was a very funny prank to see his teammates supposedly grieving over his “death”.

3 Likes

That love was canon.

7 Likes

That love was common headcanon.

1 Like

If people want Bionice they will demand it. As was said, If you don’t wnant new Bionicle, than simply don’t consume it - no need to restrict everyone else. You can move on, let it rest… but let others continue.

which is the problem? You can want BIONICLE without demanding it.

4 Likes

But how is that a problem? If you mean angry petitions, than yes - that is not ok. But I am talking about civil activity aimed at showing Lego that we care - just like this poll.

1 Like

I think what @Winger and @Chronicler are trying to say, if I understand correctly (please correct me if I’m wrong), is that even though there’s nothing wrong with people wanting Bionicle back, that’s not something that every fan should feel obligated to want.

Some people are happy to appreciate Bionicle without campaigning for Bionicle’s return, and they don’t want people telling them they’re any “less of a fan” because of it.

9 Likes

I seem to find there’s very little of that.

And we, or at least I, don’t want people annoyingly demanding for it.

4 Likes

I didn’t learn about most of the Bionicle story until much later on, so I spent quite a while thinking that the 2001 Turaga were the Toa Mata.

I also didn’t realise that the Skrall were horde villains, which made me think there was a single guy called ‘The Skrall’, like a title. This then led me to believe that he was someone of great importance due to supposedly having a title, so naturally I thought he was some sort of monarch. So then eventually I ended up thinking that he was Mata Nui, and the Bara Magnans had given him the title of ‘The Skrall’ to honour him, leaving me exceptionally confused when I found out there was an actual Mata Nui set.

8 Likes

What did you think Tuma was?

The mighty Tuma.

I thought Orde was pronounced “OR-DAY” for almost a decade until I realized his name is pronounced “OHRD.” “Board” but minus the B.

5 Likes

The Skrall’s personal bodyguard, of course.

3 Likes

10 Likes

For a long time I thought Gavla was spelled Galva

5 Likes

I used to and still do mispronounce some names:
Nuparu as “Nuhp-uh-roo”
Krika as “Cry-ka”
Gelu as “geh-loo”

Also, I thought that Vastus was a lady. I still often forget that it’s not the case.

3 Likes