What's the Normal Body Type of a Le-Toa?

So, I went through all of Eljay’s recap reviews… again… and I noticed something kinda interesting. Le-Toa aren’t ever slim.
Ok hear me out. So the only Le-Toa we got were these guys
Lewa Mata
Lewa Nuva
Matau Metru
Iruini
Matau Hordika
Kongu Inika
Kongu Mahri
And Lewa Nuva [Adaptive armor]

Ok, so as we look through these, most of them are clone builds. Only Kongu Mahri and Lewa Nuva are the outliers here. And y’know what? They’re both pretty buff. Let’s take a look, shall we?

HOLY CRAP THOSE SHOULDERS
Kongu Mahri: [X] Buff
Next, Lewa Nuva

Oh my. Between that torso and those arms… he’s seeming like a pretty big guy up top ain’t he? But that could just be the adaptive armor right?
wrong
When he hops on the Axaltra, the adaptive armor changes… his proportions, do not.

So what’s the deal? Is there a reason people seem to be under the impression Le-Toa are thin, or is it just because they’re associated with air?
Dunno, that’s why I’m asking you guys.

20 Likes

Interesting, Lewa 2015 was not thin either…

weird.

Same thing goes for the Toa of earth, why are they always considered bulky?

4 Likes

S T E R E O T Y P E S
T
E
R
E
O
T
Y
P
E
S<p

17 Likes

Really, most Toa of Air are about the same size as their other team-mates from what we have seen.

They’re more agile, really. That’s all they really are.

I mean, my Le-Toa self MOC is kinda bulky too. They’ve never been the most slim guys.

2 Likes

well they mostly of them are aerodynamic, except for kongu, but we don’t talk about kongu

1 Like

I’m guessing they’re supposed to represent a balloon

3 Likes

20 Likes

since always, gorilla’s bodies aren’t atractive

2 Likes

Pssst, hey, it’s supposed to be a jooooke, i don’t actually unironically think kongu mahri is as good as any other sets.

9 Likes

U missed Lesock of your list from 07. i know I carnt spell

1 Like

Like humans i think they all have varying proportions

1 Like

I usually imagine them being lankier than their fellow teammates, altho not by much either, just longer limbs

1 Like

…Oh good lord your grammar hurts
But yeah, Lesovikk needs to be included too.
So let’s look at him eh?

He doesn’t even have a neck

11 Likes

I’ve always seen Le-dudes as more lean as anything, comes with the element and eviorment I guess. Simian design aspects like the long limbs and hunches have been there for ages. In addition it’s hard to say what a body type is trying to convey with an Inikia build since they all for the most part suffer from the pre-fab torsos and ape arms.

While it’s certainly possible there is a “normal” body type it’s going to be hard to guess even assuming there is no variation. All the matoran are effectively clones and the Toa are too until much later on, and even then the system makes it more muddled to guess their type.

5 Likes

Le-Toa have always been more jungle than air. They need that upper-body strength to swing from vines.

3 Likes

I think Kongu mahri is one of my favorite toa. But, that might just be because I like massive duel wielding six shooting gatling guns.

2 Likes

I know my spelling is bad lol

1 Like

No no no

1 Like