Whats your favourite bionicle couple!

Lewa x Krana

9 Likes

Lewa X mind control in general
also does him wearing that krana on his mouth count as kissing

8 Likes

pridak x 1,000,000,000 piece jigsaw puzzles

5 Likes

Mata Nui x everyone in the Matoran Universe.

3 Likes

Maybe I’m misremembering but I thought this wasn’t a very healthy relationship

Overwhelmingly neglectful until the consequences hit

8 Likes

He took on her look as a Toa, even.

edit: How did my autocorrect manage to do Tahu instead of Toa? :upside_down_face:

And yes, Lewa is kissing the krana, but it’s okay because they’re not holding hands.

Vhisola x Nokama

3 Likes

Makuta and small chunk of Aqua Magna

8 Likes

Mata Nui x Ignika
he loved it so much he went inside it forever :cry:

3 Likes

Kratakana x Takanuva, since everyone likes getting visions from a slug on their face.

1 Like

Krahka and Onewa. (He loved her so much he killed the Kahgarak that sent her to the Zone of Darkness)

5 Likes

I’m lost for words that this topic is still ticking along.

5 Likes

honestly same here

3 Likes

Me too.

3 Likes

Meaning of this topic is not clear-cut. Some people in this topic seem understand couple in romantic manner. Other seem to understand it as just a set of two connected/contrasting characters. I am of the second interpretation for purposes of my list.

Bionicle had lot of prominent couples/duos/sets-of-two-characters, from Mata Nui and Makuta, through Sidorak and Roodaka to Vezon and Kardas. I will rank my favorites. It is possible that I forgot some good ones.

Opposing Couples

1. Mata Nui and Makuta
    These two were originally depicted as brothers, one good, other evil. This depiction is best in MNOLG dialogue between Toa and Makuta, where Makuta is depicted as equal and opposite of Mata Nui, destruction to Mata Nui’s creation.

2. Sidorak and Roodaka
    Unlike some duos in BIONICLE, Sidorak and Roodaka are supposedly allied. In truth, Viceroy Roodaka wants to depose the King of Visorak, fact which is Sidorak utterly unaware of. Scheming Roodaka contrasts utterly oblivious Sidorak well.

3. Lhikan and Nidhiki
    One being the last remaining Toa Mangai and noble hero, other the traitor to the team who betrayed them to Dark Hunters to become famous and was mutated into hideous spider. Even color schemes are contrasting: Red and Gold against Green and Silver.

4. Nidhiki and Krekka
    Two dark hunters that are paired together, but Nidhiki hates Krekka with a passion. Also Krekka’s stupidity and imposing stature contrast with cunning and agile Nidhiki.

5. Helryx and Tuyet
    Both of these are pragmatic Toa of Water. But while Helryx pursues good, Tuyet extreme ends-justify-means mentality combines with egomania to make her an evil fanatic.

6. Artaka and Karzani
    Artaka is the most skilled craftsman in the universe. Karzani is one of the worst healers/surgeons in the universe. This lack of skill combined with lack of strong will to make Karzani into BIONICLE-equivalent of a mad scientist, while Artaka’s firm conviction on good ensured that he remained good and did not fall like the Makuta.

7. Axonn and Brutaka
    One with sword, other with axe. One colored gold and blue, other colored silver and red. One having abandoned his mission, other remaining faithful to it. Axonn and Brutaka compliment each other really well.

Supporting Couples

1. Takua and Puku
    Greatest couple of friends in BIONICLE in my opinion is Takua and his crab. Takua having a crab is cute, and her growing into a giant crab to accompany Takua on his quest for the Seventh Toa is awesome.

2. Maku and Huki
    Whether they are in love or good friends, relationship between Maku and Huki is really heartwarming.

3. Jaller and Hahnah
    I know little about Hahnah, but he is really cute and scary at same time.

4. Vezon and Kardas
    The Mad Piraka Vezon has a terrifying giant spider as mount, which later turns into an even more giant dragon with scary shark jaws. That is really cool.

5. Nuju and Matoro
    Nuju speaks in language of Rahi. For this reason, he keeps Matoro as translator. Matoro is one of the only Mata Nui Matoran to know the truth, along with Ahkmou. I find this dynamic very interesting.

6. Makuta and Ahkmou
    Makuta of Metru Nui’s original plan was to trick Matoran into honoring him as savior. While this plan failed, Makuta did succeed in one case, Ahkmou. Manipulating him by claiming he was destined to be Toa Metru of Stone, Ahkmou became Makuta’s tool on Mata Nui.

7. Dume and Nivawk
    When Makuta pretends to be Dume, he adopts a smart bird to spy on Matoran. Makuta being Makuta, he later absorbs his pet. Nivawk also acts as a hint that something is wrong with Dume before the truth is revealed.

5 Likes

Matoro X Death

7 Likes

i’d just like to make light of the fact that this is my most viewed topic ever
its got like 1.5k views

6 Likes

Greg x MU. Only Greg is in the position of a god, having given meaning to all characters in the line.

5 Likes

Love isn’t canon :confused:

But totally Vakama and Nokama, 2004 is the best Bionicle year and they’re the two best characters.

5 Likes

This is profane

6 Likes

Yep it is quite hilarious

3 Likes