What's Your Favourite Form Of Media?

Games, for reasons Cal stated, Rock, alt-rock, books from time to time (reading glasslands right now), comics whenever I can, TV shows sometimes, Movies

yeah

1 Like

I really canā€™t say there are any forms of media that I donā€™t particularly like.

I suppose comic books are kind of alienating because you have to track down ALL of them to have a coherent plot.

Aside from that, however, I guess all forms? I canā€™t really pick a favorite.

Ok, thatā€™s not even close to true. See, thereā€™s always a good jumping on point every few months. Heck, right now everythingā€™s basically rebooted (and at the top of their game. Everythingā€™s awesome right now, except the Batfamily books. Batgirl and Grayson suck. Batmanā€™s awesome though.) Plus, even if individual issues arenā€™t your thing, you can easily get entire stories and arcs. Thereā€™s this stigma of comics being inaccessible, when thatā€™s really just not the case. Yes, comics are the oldest fandom. But you donā€™t need to have read Action Comics #1 75 years ago to understand Superman #43 from this month.

Also, if you canā€™t drop major bank on the books, thereā€™s always DeadpoolSupplier on Imgur. hundreds of comics scanned in and ready to read.

2 Likes

totally legal
But your point is the same I make with others who say comics are inaccessible.

Huh?

1 Like

I also like BIONICLE comics, because I like to play image games with them.

But usually I prefer books.BBBB55

1 Like

Practically all types of Media but if I have to choose itā€™s between Video Games and Animation.

This plus playing vidya until the wee hours.

My favorite medium of media is animation, all forms of animation including anime and probably 3D animation if theyā€™d actually start using 3D animation to itā€™s full potential and not just to make mostly mediocre comedies for kids as so many have been for sometime now.
Thereā€™s just so much potential in animation to tell creative stories that isnā€™t bound by reality, looking out of place, or being expensive to integrate like a lot of CG-i in modern movies. I also like having several art styles.

That said all mediums of story telling have pros and cons. Honestly one of my favorite stories of any medium is a video game, To The Moon.

To The Moon is great but definitely doesnā€™t use its medium to full potential. I feel like it might as well have not been a game as its gameplay was only to lengthen the story. Iā€™d argue that To The Moon would have been the same experience, if not a better one, without e.g. the sliding puzzles.