When should Ninjago end?

Heh, already have most of them (just none of the big human sets like the base or that six wheel thing) even Brought double ups for some army building. I’m the same-None of the new ranges have appeal even if the builds etc are ‘more advanced’ I’d rather hunt down the wave one power miner sets I don’t have.

2 Likes

I think that all of the refrences to bionicle in current sets are pointers to bionicle g3 being the next theme after monkie kid. But ninjago is not part of that so ninjago shall never end. Ok actually in like 5 years

1 Like

Maybe there could be a theme based off of the Aztecs, Mayans, Incas, (and other nations in that region)? I can imagine temples, pyramids, and warriors, all with a modern techno flair.

Edit: an issue might be that some pre-contact mesoamerican religions are still practiced today, so Lego might have be careful to not to offend those folks.

1 Like

Ah but you be forgetting that indeed has been done before.
Who be remembering the mighty Achu?

Okay, it’s one minifigure. Maybe you’re right. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Bless you.

7 Likes

Ninjago should end ASAP. It’s long overstayed its welcome and it’s just eating up ideas that should go to other themes. Case in point: the recent arcade arc. That has potential as its own thing, but nope, it’s a Ninjago subtheme.

8 Likes

That’s your (and mine and many others’) opinion, but I believe Ninjago still remains one of the most profitable themes for the company. Could be wrong though.

2 Likes

Lego could make a spin-off. Johnny Thunder already did the Egypt thing, but we still got Pharaoh’s Quest.

Personally, I wouldn’t care if Ninjago kicked the bucket all of a sudden, but from a business perspective if the train seems to still be running, why pull its breaks for good?

1 Like

Ninjago hasn’t been a top selling theme like it used to be for at least two years now. So I don’t think the line truly is as profitable as ot used to be. The last two TLG financial reports haven’t even mentioned Ninjago, when priviously Ninjago was always listed as a top selling theme.

3 Likes

Yeah, and Star Wars is profitable for Disney, but that doesn’t mean they should make more movies. Sometimes, things should just be allowed to end. Profit isn’t the only thing in life.

5 Likes

it can be for a multi-million dollar toy franchise.

3 Likes

Well, that’s not what I am. (Pretty sure, anyway…) In fact, most people are not Lego, so Lego’s profit margin doesn’t matter beyond the point of “can this IP sustain itself.” The value of art is cultural and ideological, not simply monetary; and to dismiss the possibility of art being bad or at least in need of an end on the grounds of “it makes money” is to miss the point of criticism.

2 Likes

… which is my point exactly.

If the IP is doing fine, there’s no need to end it, from LEGO’s perspective.

3 Likes

“Endings”, the last episode of March of the Oni, made a very very natural spot for Ninjago to gently come to an end, with it being the 100th overall episode (including the pilots), and also the last episode animated by WilFilm. It would have finished 10 seasons, and it would have come in a full circle, with Ninjago starting with the Golden Weapons and ending with the Golden Weapons. The Oni, who were the main entities of destruction, also would have been defeated, bringing the story to a gentle conclusion. Also the scene with the mural depicting all the villains and all the cameos of different characters, and Firstbourne flying back to the First Realm, and not to mention Jay’s proposal and Nya accepting said proposal would have all made a perfect ending had it been done on a bit larger scale.

And then they had to bring the villain who only had three words in her vocabulary…

8 Likes

I’d be okay with MotO being the last season ONLY if it had more episodes; 4 was not enough

Crystalized will end the current Ninjago as we know it and next year they’ll be doing a reboot or something

4 Likes

If only it would end in a way that would satisfy everyone… then I would be willing to watch the show. As it currently stands, though, I think it’s just a cheap excuse for Star Wars + Bionicle. I just want a decent Sci-Fi theme without the fantasy elements. The two clash too much. Ninjago should have stayed like the pilot year and been ninja wizards vs. horde villains, rather than mech drivers killing demons and such who have the exact same technology.

3 Likes

I am a little bit confused… you want a fantasy theme without Sci-Fi?
The Sci-Fi setting from a story perspective may be a bit frustrating, especially with the inconsistencies of the state of technology in Ninjago. But the thing why this is is simply: it allows Ninjago to go into all kinds of genre with its set design. They can do buildings, temples, mechs, city modular builds, ships, planes, helicopters, bikes. Ninjago’s portfolio would have been much more restricted what sticking to the medievil setting. Ninjago is a theme where any lego fan could theoretically find something they like.
This is why nothing really can stand next to Ninjago, because it does all the things any original system theme brought to the table. Ninjago has pretty much become the core idea of Lego itself. All kind of sets are present. It has a show that combines the story-telling of Bionicle with the Lego idea of family. It consumes all and shapes what come after it. Ninjago is the cluster of all things Lego and because of that it sometimes seems to be a jumbled hodgepodge, because it’s pretty much that at this point. Bionicle, ExoForce, Ninja, Knights Kingdom, Atlantis, Rock Raiders, Clutch Powers, everything is there somehow.

5 Likes

Ninjago as it currently is will end at the end of Crystalized. But the Ninjago G2? I think we can expect another 15 seasons spanning 10 years until they reboot it again. This, i predict will be the thing that happens with Ninjago until kids don’t play with toys anymore, or, as a German phrase goes:
“Until Ashes.”*

*I cannot guarantee i got the origin of this phrase right

4 Likes

Not sure on that one. Can’t say I have heard it before :thinking:. I know ash to ash and dust to dust. But until ashes? Don’t really know how that would be translated.

2 Likes

I just wish they would keep a team member dead long enough instead of bringing them back in the next episode or two :cry:

By this logic Kai and Jay would be the only ninja on the team now because they did not receive a death fakeout as far as I know

4 Likes