When you're down

I watch funny videos, build with lego/bionicle… ääh… watch my favorite films/series… read books…hmm…play drums/guitar/piano… yeah such things

Yeah, I think I might be that too. But in this instance I guess it really doesn’t work…

Also, welcome to the most depressing topic on the boards… :frowning:

Why’s that? It’s supposed to aid people who are somewhat depressed, not make them…

1 Like

@Nyran’s whole story…

etc.

1 Like

Excellent point.

goes to cry in a corner

1 Like

welp

time to break out the funny cat videos

8 Likes

When I have a problem I can’t do anything about, I put it to the back of my mind by listening to loud music and doing something like building or writing. When I write, it often comes out very dark because it reflects my feelings, and because the music I listen to reflects how I feel instead of offering a solution to how I feel. Yup, I’m one of those guys who listens to music about the problem instead of about the answer.

@Political_Slime dad nabit, that cat isn’t unhappy or depressed! Take him away!

Actually, come to think of it, I don’t know, maybe he is. Weird cat.

3 Likes

I watch anime.
I listen to the Fist of the North Star theme and go for a run. (YOU WA SHOCK)
I play my vidya.
I watch YouTube vids.
I grit my teeth.
I MOC.

1 Like

I refresh the page periodically while I eat or browse the internet thinking about being productive.

3 Likes

I play Halo. Good way to let off steam by killing virtual things and aliens… Now everyone will think I has problems

5 Likes

I wallow in my misery for a bit, then get annoyed at myself for letting the wallowing happen, then I do something else and I forget about what made me feel down.

1 Like

I just try to remember that life goes on and that everyday is a new day. Some days are good some are bad you just gotta learn to accept the hardships and battle on.

2 Likes

I try to sleep it off

2 Likes

I agree with @Scarilian’s post

Also a playlist that starts out with sorta sad music, but transitions into more positive songs by the end can help.

2 Likes

I listen too Aquaman’s rousing song of heroism.

2 Likes

This is particularly for when I’m down because the boards are down. (silly me, misreading the topic :stuck_out_tongue: ) .
Other downs…
…same but I build and don’t do the page refresh.

I don’t often feel down about things, but when I do I blast 1080p surround sound LINKIN PARK or MOVE ALONG on my surround-sound speakers, grab a bag of chips, and go watch long rant-filled YT videos complaining about stuff like the Mass Effect 3 ending so I can channel my negative feelings into those things.

well maybe not the music

and i dont have speakers

but videos are cool

-Mesonak

14 Likes

Get exited about the good things in life. Jut countin’ my blessings…

I love chocolate. That also makes me feel better, too, when something good like chocolate comes around and says "Hey! Give a nice huge bite into me and drink some milk afterwards! That’ll make you feel better!

Or I just listen to this:

1 Like

true on the angry/sad music. I find that really angry or sad music really helps me to get those emotions out. Also, something I’ve just learned to accept recently, don’t be afraid to cry. :blush:

For me, it’s not being afraid of crying, nor is it about “looking tough.” It’s just that I’ve learned to detach myself so greatly from a situation that I don’t usually don’t even get that little pang in your stomach. Psychopathic? Yes.

Now, I’m not emotionless. Ask any number of my friends and they’ll say I’m one of the most enthusiastic nerds they’ve ever seen. I’ve felt that expanding bubble in my chest, and that soul-crushing grasp. I’ve never cried though. Even when my entire world had fallen apart for the third freaking time, I went to bed, woke up, and pretended I’d moved on. It’s just that early on I believed I had to keep it all in, my fear, my pain, my sadness and my anger. It is indeed a relief to get them out once I do; however, it’s a habit to just push it down and pretend it never happened.

It’s just a developed reaction to any kind of stress at this point, emotional, physical, mental, whatever.

This is only me however, and I’m sure others have their own reasons. =P

3 Likes