Which 2015/2016 mask do you like the most?

Bull Mask(from Basher and Scorpio) is #1, but both versions of the Pakari are great, 2015 Kaukau is good, 2015 Miru is pretty good, and then the Mask of Creation, Control, and Shadows are pretty enjoyable

1 Like

Got to be the Mask of Creation for me.

1 Like

I mean it was designed to have the beams act like continuations of it, so judging it based off of it without the complimentary components is kinda unfair

The 2016 Beast masks are very underappreciated IMO. They have a very unique elemental look, and fit within the same style as Umarak’s mask.

3 Likes

I really like kopaka uniter’s mask, and umarak’s mask, especially the red version.

2 Likes

YES

Tahu’s 2,015 Mask of Fire.
It is such a perfect blend of his mask’s Mata and Nuva forms.:+1:

I agree

1 Like

Absolutely loved the Skull Warrior mask. It has enough of that generic skeleton look that looks great for MOCs. It’s a genuine, creepy mask. Love it.

3 Likes

That is my favorite mask of 2015

To be honest, I liked the Skull Villains better than the Masters, and in story they had the potential to become truly terrifying villains, like the Piraka, but it got completely squandered.

2 Likes

I loved the idea that there was this ancient civilization on Okoto. I wish we got more context for it. I always liked the idea that the Skull Slicer was this ancient gladiator.

4 Likes

I agree with you, lore wise, but set wise, the only ones that can hold a candle to the Masters set wise are Basher and Warrior, although Skull Warrior(s) are very generic.

Nah, I really liked all of them (except LOSS, if he counts). With a few mods, Skull Scorpio can be really good too. Slicer is pretty nifty as well. The only one that I only moderately like is Grinder, because of his floppy arm and his genericness. This same problem can also be applied to Warrior, but the one thing that makes me like Warrior the most out of all the skull villains is that he absolutely nails the undead, skeleton look. For the Masters though, they are pretty decent, but Lewa and Tahu could use a redesign. I’m not really a fan of the solid purple and gold on Onua as well. In my opinion, Kopaka and Pohatu are the best.

While I was critical of most of the skull villains, I appreciate all of their merits. And yeah, Kulta is very generic compared to the rest. And for the masters, I personally rank Onua highest, then Lewa, Tahu, Kopaka, and Gali are share a spot, they’re all equally pretty great, but Pohatu is quite plain jane, he can become better just by putting the silver armor on the silver arm, but the rest of him kinda requires a redesign, at least in my opinion.

1 Like